Chapter 11 (unedited)

A/N
Which POV do you guys like better Jack's or Nicole's?

Nicole POV
I just wanted to go home to my son. When the babysitter called me telling that he had really high fever I was really worried. He was really attached with me and I wanted to be with him to make sure he was ok. I would die if anything happened to him. I was driving like crazy, hoping that I didn't get in a car accident or got a ticket, my son was the only thing that mattered to me at the moment.

"Where is he?" I asked the babysitter as soon as I got home.

"His bedroom."

"Did you leave him alone there?" I asked my temper getting the better of me.

"No, I was just getting some water for him in the kitchen. I was also looking around for something we can use to lower his fever. I found some children Tylenol but I wanted to ask you how much to give to him first." She said very fast looking a little bit scared.

"I am really sorry for speaking to you like that. I am just worried about him, that's all."

"He is a strong kid. Don't worry he will get better."

"Thank you." I said while taking the Tylenol and water from her and going to my son's bedroom.

"Hi baby mommy is here. You sick baby boy?"

"Yes mommy. You taking me to hopsital?"

"No baby you are not that sick. Mommy is just going to check your temperature and give you some medication. Ok honey? He just nodded so I took the opportunity to check his fever. The thermometer gave you the temperature reading and also changed colors depending how bad his fever was. Red was really high, orange something in between and green it was normal. Alex's temperature was 101.9 so the thermometer was flashing red.

"It's red like iron man." He said pointing the thermometer.

"I know baby and now mommy is going to give you some medication to make you feel better. Are you a strong boy like iron man?"

"Yes." He smiled and nodded

"Ok here it comes" I said after drawing up 5 ml with the dropper.

"Eww, yack disgusting." He said wiping his mouth with his hand.

"I know baby but it will make you feel better. Here is some water."

"Mommy can I sleep with you please."

"Of course honey. Can mommy take a shower first and then we can sleep together?"

"Okay."

"Thank you baby. I love you so much. You are the best son in the whole world." I said kissing his forehead.

"You the best mom in the whole world." He said hugging me. I hugged him back and turned down the lights so I could go in my bedroom and take a shower.

"How is he?" A man's voice came from my living room and I almost jumped out of fear.

"What the fudge, Jack. You scared me to death. What are you doing here? How did you get in anyway?" I asked while trying to pull myself together. He really scared me, I was shaking badly and my heart was beating like crazy.

"I am sorry if I scared you. I followed you after you left. The babysitter let me in when I told her I was you ex husband." He shrugged like coming to someone's home was no big deal.

"You can go no, we have nothing to talk about and don't come back again."

"Is it true that Daniel is gay?"

"Unbelievable. You still don't believe me. Do you want proof?" I said while going to grab the wedding invitation that he sent me last week.

"Here is the wedding invitation." I gave him the invitation and he was reading that like it was the secret to immortality.

"If you still don't believe me you can crash his wedding, after all showing up in places where you are not wanted seems like your speciality."

"I am sorry baby, I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I will make it up to you. I will do everything I can so you can forgive me." He said getting closer to me and cupped my face with his hands and looking into my eyes like he was trying to read my soul.

"It's to late for that. 4 years late. You are engaged now and I am in a relationship with Mike." I whispered and tried to get away from him. His presence was doing things to me that I didn't want to. I couldn't be affected by his presence again.

"It's never to late baby. We can be a family again. You me and our son."

"He is my son only. He isn't yours and it will never be."

"What do you mean by that? How old is he?"

"He is three and a half and it's not your son. Just get out and leave us alone, don't ever come back."

"So let me get this straight. He is 3 1/2 and it's not my son. That means that you were pregnant when we were married and if he is not mine that means you slept with someone when we were married." He said through clenched teeth and making fists with his hands trying to control his temper.

"You just asked forgiveness 2 minutes ago and now you are accusing me of cheating you? Why do you always jump into conclusions before listening to the facts?"

"Well than help me make sense because clearly my math is right here. There are two possibilities either he is mine and you are not telling me, or you cheated on me when we were married. Which one is it Nikki?"

"Neither" I said frustrated.

"Now you are not making sense. What do you mean neither. It's either the one or the other."

"I said neither because I wasn't pregnant with him. He is adopted, but he is my son. Don't you dare to say otherwise. Are you happy now Jack, does that satisfy your curiosity?" I yelled at him.

"Mommy." My head snapped in his direction. I didn't even hear him.

"Yes baby?"

"What adopted mean?" Alex asked one hand rubbing his eye while the other holding his teddy bear.

A/N

Surprise! Little Alex it's adopted. Anyone saw that coming?