Chapter 37 unedited

Nikki POV

It was over. Finaly the truth came to light and they arrested Isabel for what she had done. Shooting Jack and also for impersonating her twin sister and keeping her in the basement for 5 years.

I would never forget her face when the cops handcuffed her. She tried to sweet talk her way out saying that she was the real Jennifer and that her twin was the evil one but the fingerprints didn't lie.

As soon as they released Mike all four of us went to see Jack to give him the good news. We find him in his hospital the red head nurse holding his hand and talking sweetly to him. When we entered the room she removed her hand from his like she was doing something wrong. She blushed too and it was cute. I think our pretty nurse has a little crush on Jack. I hoped that something blossomed between them.

When Jack saw us his smile dropped and his jaw tensed. He looked angry and for a second I thought it was because he saw Mike. Until he spoke.

""What the hell is she doing here?" He growled at Jennifer. The poor girl hid behind Miles back who wrapped his arms around her protectively.

"Jack" I went around the bed to get close to him. "This is the real Jennifer, the one that you hired." He raised an eyebrow looking at me like I had lost my mind.

"The one that has been living with us was her twin sister that had locked her in the basement for the last 5 years and took her identity. Her real name was Isabel." I stopped giving him time to understand.

"Are you sure about this? Maybe it's just one of her games." He stated doubt in his voice.

"I was the one who rescued her from the basement. Isabel is also in prison right now, incarcerated for what she has done." Miles spoke while holding Jennifer's had tightly in his hand. He seemed very protective of her.

"And who are you?" Jack asked confused.

"Miles Moore." He came close to Jack's bed and shook his hand. Then his gaze went to Jennifer. It was weird seeing her face and not wanting to strangle her. I wished that with time things would be better but now every time I saw her I thought about all the pain that all of us had to go through because of her sister.

"I am sorry for everything you had to go through. I wished I could have seen the difference." He felt remorseful when he saw her.

"Don't be. I am not the one to get shot or losing the person you loved." She said looking at me. "I am sorry for having a messed up sister. I think like this is all my fault. If I didn't work for you than she would had never been in your life." A silent tear escaped her eyes and she wiped gently with her hand. I wanted to go and comfort her but Miles beat me to it.

He hugged her and gave her a gentle kiss on top of her head whispering sweet nothings to her. It was like those two were in a private bubble and that the reality couldn't penetrate their world. Finally they both left the room and now it was only me, Mike and Jack. The nurse had left minutes after we entered the room.

"Thank you." Mike said to Jack shaking his hand.

"Why are you thanking me for?" He asked confused.

"For saving Nikki's life." Was Mike's reply.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it because I love her." Jack answered and I saw Mike tense. I guess he didn't like the answer.

"I know, but still I owe you, because of this I will not punch you for kidnapping her in the first place. I hope you get better soon."

"Since we are all being civil with each other then I want to thank you too." Said to Mike who seemed like he had no idea for what he could be thankful for. "Nikki told me that if it wasn't for you I would have probably bleed to death until the ambulance came. I guess we are even." He nodded.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for her so don't think you are special. Plus I am a doctor  and it's my responsibility to help everyone in need." Mike smiled and the tension in the room seemed to drop.

"Do you love her?" Jack asked Mike defying him to say otherwise.

"More than life itself." He looked at me, his eyes full of love. I smiled back at him.

"Than don't be a stupid like I was. Treat her like a queen because she deserves it. If I hear that you made her cry I will personally kick your ass and kidnap her again, but next time I won't let her go."

"I won't make her cry. If she sheds any tears I promise they will only be tears of joy." Mike said solemnly and I could feel my heart swell in my chest.

"Good." Jack nodded. "Because if you lose her, trust me when I say this, you will regret it every day of your miserable life." I felt tears forming in my eyes and I went close to Jack and held his hand. He squeezed it gently then he let it go and placed it on Mike hand instead who was also close to the bed.

"Now you two get out of here before I change my mind and keep Nikki all to myself." He smiled but I could still tell that it wasn't a real smile. He was just giving up knowing he could never have me and had accepted the fact.

"We leave tomorrow for the states. How long will you stay here?" I asked Jack. I didn't want him to be alone but in the same time I had to get home because Alex was missing me. I hadn't seen him in days, which to me felt like forever.

"I also get discharged from the hospital tomorrow but I thought to stay in Italy for some time. The change of culture might do me well." Jack spoke at the same time that the redhead nurse came to the room with a clipboard in her hand. She smiled politely to me and Mike but as soon as her eyes found Jack's both of them had genuine smiles in their faces.

"I guess we will meet again soon in the future." I said to Jack who nodded.

"Of course. You can never get totally rid of me. He smile at me and then turned to Mike.

"Remember what I said if you vale your pretty boy face. I am not sure it will be the same if I get my hands on you if you hurt her."

"Will do" Mike chuckled and we both left the hospital room.

A/N

So this was the last chapter. I know it's short but I didn't know what to write without just stretching the story with stupid details. Let me know what you thought about it.

The next one will be the epilogue and then the story will be complete.

Anyone will miss this book or who cares? Well I do but I wanted you to care too. Lol

Please vote and comment and thanks for reading it :)