Chapter 4 (unedited)

A/N
Hi darlings. It's me again. Just let me know how you like the story so far. Did anyone guess that Daniel was gay? He is Nikki's best friend and he loves her like a sister. No funny business here. Lol. How many of you thought he was in love with her? Nikki's dress on the side.
Please comment and vote.
Enjoy the update.

Nicole POV
I woke up the next morning feeling like I was hit by a truck. I was emotionally and physically exhausted but at least I was numb. I felt like a robot, like a shadow of who I used to be. No emotions no feelings whatsoever. I felt like a living dead. Today I just wanted to get over with the divorce and not see him again. I would not take anything from him, even though the money would help me, my pride was not for sale. I am better than what he thought of me and if he can't see that then it's his loss.

I got out of the bed and made my way to the bathroom. It was your typical bachelor pad bathroom but I wasn't in the mood to notice any details. What I did notice instead was my raccoon eyes and my smeared lipstick. I also noticed that my hair looked like a bird's nest. I steeped in the shower and tried to get rid of any trace of how I had cried last night and after a long shower I looked human again but my eyes were still puffy from all the crying that I did last night.

I didn't have any clothes with me except the ones I had on yesterday and that was a problem. I didn't want to show Jack how much he had hurt me when we would meet later on by showing up in the same clothes and looking like a crow. I didn't want to go back to his house and get anything that he bought me and I couldn't buy anything because all the money that I had were the ones he gave me.

"Daniel?" I called for him and went looking around the house hoping he hadn't already left for work.

"Yes baby doll" came the reply from the kitchen. He was there cooking a hearty breakfast for us. I loved him so much I wish he was my brother not only a friend.

"Can I ask you a favor?" I said while looking at my feet, I was so embarrassed having to ask for money to buy clothes. That's what I get from not working. A woman need to be independent of her husband no matter how much money he has, she should earn her own money. I should have kept my job even if I was married to Jack and not listen to him when he told me to quit.

"Anything, what do you need?" He smiled at me

"Gosh, this is so embarrassing. Can you loan me some money so that I can buy something to wear when I meet Jack today. I will pay you back, I swear, I can even pay you interest as soon as I find a job. Please?"

"Hey, don't worry about it. How about this, you go buy a killer dress and some killer shoes, go get your hair and makeup up done so that when Jack sees you he will regret it letting you go. Keep your head up high darling, you are worth it so much more than you think. Don't forget that."

"Thanks Danny boy, I love you."

"Nicole, you know that I hate that. Don't call me Danny boy ever again."

"Why not Danny boy? Is my big boy mad?"

"Stop that or else."

"Or else what?"

"Well you asked for it, don't say I didn't warn you." He said looking at me strangely before he run towards me and started to tickle me.
Did I mention that I am very and I mean very ticklish and that bastard knows all my weak spots.

"Danny please let me go...hahaha....just let me go....haha.... I swear I will never call u Danny boy again....please I beg you...

Suddenly we heard someone clear the throat and we both froze when we saw that Jack almighty was staring at us with so much hate. If looks could kill me and Daniel would be both dead now.