Chapter 33 unedited

A/N
Sorry I didn't update yesterday, stuff happened but I hope you like this update.

Mike POV

As soon as my mind registered what happened the first thing I did was turn to Jennifer and saying her sorry.

"Sorry for what you idiot?" She yelled at me

"For this." I said knocking her out and taking her gun away from her. I didn't want her to be conscious and start shooting again. She was a female and my mom always told me to be a gentleman and never hit them but Jennifer was an exception. I think if her parents had knocked some sense on her maybe she would be different. I patted my pants see if I had my phone with me so I could call an ambulance or something but I came up empty handed. I probably left it at the hotel room. Even if I had it it would be useless anyway cause I couldn't call 911 and I had no idea if they had something similar in Italy.

I ran towards the hotel entrance next and tried to at least do something and help Jack. I just hope the bullet didn't hit any vital organs.

I kneeled down next to Jack's body and I tried to remove his clothes so that I could see where the bullet hole was and I saw that while his bullet had hit him in his back it had actually had managed to get out of his body. I took his shirt crumbled together and applied some pressure on it so that he wouldn't bleed much.

"How is he?" Nikki asked me that turned around and said " Someone please call 911."

"I think they already called someone since I can hear the sirens getting close." I told Nikki. She was crying and was terrified of the scene in front of her.

"Grab his jacket and apply some pressure in his chest while I apply pressure in his back. He will be fine Nikki don't worry." She grabbed her blazer instead of his and applied to his chest. When I raised an eyebrow she just shrugged and said its cotton and will absorb the blood better that his jacket.

"Will he? You know...." She refused to say the words and I knew that she was afraid, afraid that he would die.

"He was lucky, the bullet seems to have missed the spinal cord by les the a quarter of an inch and probably has grazed his sternum before getting out between his 3 and 4 rib. He is not throwing up blood so that means that he doesn't have any pulmonary problems either. It seems as god was with him." I said not believing how fortunate he was. Just a quarter of an inch to his right and he would have been paralyzed for life, if it was a quarter inch to the left the bullet would have punctured his lungs which would have been filled with blood and he would have died drowning in his own blood unable to breath.

"He saved my life. I could have died." Nikki chocked and started to cry even more but now the were silent ones.

"Hey baby shhh don't worry. You are ok and I can guarantee you that he will be fine too."

"I don't what him to die, despite everything that he did to me he is a good man. No one deserves to die."

"He won't die baby, rest assure for that. And Jennifer will pay for this." I said looking at the shadow between the two other buildings where I could still see her unconscious form. I just hoped that she stayed there until the cops came and arrested her.

"What does Jennifer has to do with this?" She asked surprised and at the same time frowning when she saw that her blazer that she had worn minutes ago was drenched in Jack's blood. Her yellow dress also was covered in blood in certain parts and she looked like she was going to faint any second.

"She is the one who shot him."

After what seemed as an eternity but I knew that not more than 5 minutes had passed the ambulance came and took Jack away. Nikki had decided to ride with him and while I understood that she wanted to make sure he was ok I only hoped that she wouldn't have a change of heart now and get back with him, thinking that she owed him hat after he saved his life.

I was covered in blood and had currently to guns with me. I cursed myself for buying that gun and hoping I wouldn't get in trouble for it.  I realized that with cops around scene I couldn't pretty much get rid of it or giving them only the guy that Jennifer had committed the crime. Speaking of the devil I turned to see if she was still unconscious or not so that I could tell one of the cops at she was he one she did it. I didn't want her to get up and leave the scene of the crime.

When I turned I saw her talking with a female cop. She was talking to the cop full of passion and was even crying. Ha I smiled, finally they would arrest her and she was crying because her game was over and she would go to prison. I wonder if they have the death penalty here.

I was walking towards them so at I could enjoy when the cop put her under arrest when I froze in my feet. The cop was actually hugging her and patting her back. While things might be a little different here I don't think the cops are supposed to hug you or comfort you in any other way when you commit a crime. She Jennifer's eyes caught with mine she gave me an evil smile and mouthed "you are dead" to me.

"This is him, please don't let him harm me." Jennifer started to cry and to hide after the cop and after all the ruckus two other cops came to see what was going on. Jennifer was crying like she had seen the devil coming for her soul while I had no idea what was going on. I didn't think that me knocking her out had such a big impact on her. I didn't know if I should feel sorry or not. That is it until I hear what she said next.

"He is the one who shot the man and then he knocked me out because I was trying to stop him from shooting him again. She said between her tears. I just wanted to strangle her.

"I didn't shoot him, it was you who pulled the trigger Jennifer. I spat but he cops didn't seem like they believed me. The looked at Jennifer feeling sorry for her since she was crying like a madwoman and starting to sport a black eye thanks to me.

"If you don't believe me," she cried some more and even hiccuped, "check him. He has a gun."

I didn't know what to do. If I run the cops would chase me and arrest me and if I stayed I would end up in jail anyway. I just raised my hands up for the cops to check me.

"It's in the front pocket of his jeans." Jennifer sobbed and I was tempted to get my gun and shoot her. Since I was going to prison, I might as well go with a bang.

The cops came and checked the front pocket of my jeans and like the devil said my gun was there while in my back pocket they found her gun.

"Sir we are putting you under arrest for attempted murder." The female cop said with a broken English.

Pleased, Jennifer just winked at me when the cops weren't looking.

A/N
So it seems like Jennifer is getting away and poor Mike is paying for her :(
Please vote and comment :)