Chapter 7 (unedited)

A/N
So I can officially say that autocorrect is getting on my nerves. I read my last chapter and I saw that autocorrect had replaced
dark with drake,
popped the question with pooped the question.
If you guys catch any more mistakes that don't make sense, let me know. It was probably autocorrect.

Jack POV

After bumping into the mysterious lady I went around the gallery to take a look at the pictures and the paintings of Bleackheart. I don't know much about art but I could tell that they were good. Some were landscape pictures that made you wish you were there while others were pictures or paintings of people. Some of them were happy but the others had a tinge of saddens. I stopped in front of a painting where a blonde girl with brown eyes was looking towards the viewers with a sad expression. Her eyes were so sad I could actually feel her pain. She was wearing a white nightgown that gave her an innocent and angelic look. Everything around her was dark, one can made up some terrifying creatures and shapes in the dark background. She had a red scar just above her breast where her heart was and in that place her nightgown had traces of blood. Her right hand was touching the scar like she couldn't believe that she was hurt. What surprised me that she had a wedding band and engagement ring similar if not identical to the one I gave to Nikki. That's it I am going nuts I said to myself before moving away from the painting.

"It's just a stupid coincidence, you are just seeing stuff." I said to myself and went to find Jennifer.

"Darling," she said and kissed me of the cheek "This is Jeff Smith, CEO of Smith industries." She introduced me.

"Mr. Smith, I have heard a lot about you, nice to finally meet you in person." I said shaking his hand. The man had a strong grip for someone in his late fifties.

"Right, and you are?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Jack Ryder, sir." I smiled

"I have heard quite a lot about you Ryder."

"All good things I hope." I smiled at him. I was feeling like I was in school again trying to make a good impression on the professor.

"Some are good, some are not." He shrugged.

"I am afraid that I have to meet some other investors, have a good day Ryder, Ms. Sucks" he said before leaving.

"It's Sacks." Jennifer said through clenched teeth but he was already gone.

"What an odious man." Jennifer said at the same time that I said that was weird.

"Don't mind him, let's go enjoy the rest of our night." I said to Jen but she was frozen in place.

"Jen." I called her again but she wasn't paying me any attention. Finally I followed her line of sight and what I saw took my breath away. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach and I couldn't breath.

"What is she doing here? This is not a charity gathering." Jennifer was fuming by now.

I still couldn't believe that Nicole was here, more beautiful than ever,wearing a dark green evening gown that showed her every curve. The dress had a high slit that showed her leg and I noticed that many men in the room were ogling at her leg. How dare she dress like that? Exposing herself so that men can lose their minds after her gorgeous body. Wait a second what the hell I am thinking? Dark green dress, leg that goes up for miles, damn it, it was her that I bumped into outside the restroom. I was one of those man looking at her like she was eye candy. Seeing all the men around her making goo goo eyes at her made my blood boil in my veins. How dare they, look at her like that and how dares she allowing it. No one can look at her like that except me!