Sedatives and Send Offs

A/N: I was informed Saturday that yesterday was Fathers day so I didn't use the whole weekend as a birthday weekend, therefore I am not as hung over as I thought I would be. So...New chapter! And I had one person PM me about saying I was drinking. Y'all I am in my 30's, I drink responsibly but thanks for the concern :) this is the last chapter and then an epilogue. Enjoy!

~See I keep lying to myself

Don't know what else there is to do

If I could be somebody else–

Well, I think–I would for you~

~Nine Inch Nails~

It was full dark, Joker had his face painted, and his classic get up, ready to go. He was pleased that Peach had decided to dress up as well. He liked looking at her face painted up. Her make up smooth and perfect, opposite of his smeared mess.

He was glad he had sated the dark part of him earlier, or he might have lost his mind looking at her now. The constant miss mesh of feelings drove him batty, he didn't want to hurt her, he just had to sate that need to hurt her.. Right now, he was using the feeling to get this done, finish this strange chapter and start a new one, far away from Bruce Wayne.

"Let's go, it's a long drive." he said, moving to leave.

He hated that his good mood had left again, but he pushed it all down for the moment. Peach followed him to the car, and once buckled in, she turned to him.

"The boys meeting us there?" she asked.

Joker nodded as he started the long trip up to Arkham, unsure if he wanted to talk to her. She tended to push him to that edge, and he was already so close. Ace, Red and a few others were to meet them there. His fingers tapped the wheel as he drove, the anticipation building. He sneaked a glance at Peach, she looked deep in thought.

"If you keep chewing your lip, you'll make it bleed." he said.

Her eyes shot over to him. He laughed at the look. He just couldn't just not talk to her. He liked her.

"Are we going to kill him?"

He thought about the question. When he had first found out what Bruce had done, the man's painful death had been the endgame. They would break him, then kill him. Now, he felt conflicted, and that wasn't a feeling he enjoyed. Joker let out a large sigh. He decided they would see how it all played out. He shrugged.

"Let's see where the night takes us, eh?"

She laughed, he smiled at the sound. "Okay, let's play it by ear."

He was silent for a second then asked. "You having second thoughts?"

She sighed, "No, I'm just tired of all of this. It's not fun anymore, I just want it done and over with." she said.

He didn't say anything else. Though he could feel the frown on his face. He had started this campaign to destroy him for her. He drove the rest of the way silent, he listened as she sang along to the radio, badly. It reminded him of when she was younger. He hoped his Jellybean got her singing skills from him.

He pulled off of the road and drove the small bit into the wooded area. The guys were there waiting. Joker turned off the lights and watched as the guys stood around and talked. He looked over to Peach who was chewing her lip again. That would do them no good, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the joint he had brought just in case his mind started going crazy again.