Quality Time

Merry Christmas everyone...

~Let's make our own commotion,

Right here right now tonight,

I dive right into you girl,

I know what you like,

I got mad devotion,

you got dynamite,

It comes easy baby,

We know how to do it right~

~Alien Ant Farm~

Joker had been watching and re-watching all of Bruce Wayne's appearances. The press conference, the news reporting his attendance at the funerals of all three victims. Even the shitty reports before the Gala that Joker and his crew had crashed. Everything.

The files Red had gotten for him had been a dud. No slip of info to help Joker get the Bat to come play. He felt like he was almost getting desperate. The thought had sobered him up some. It had taken too long for Joker to realize the Bruce's butler hadn't returned with him.

Joker seriously doubted it was from lack of funds. So his hired help had either retired, or kicked the bucket. That avenue was a dead end. Bruce was alone. He seemed to have no one close to him, no one to hold over his head.

That left Joker very few options. He had 6 days to figure it all out. He wanted this to all happen on the eve of the New Year. It would be nice to start the new year with Batman back in the game. This left Joker brainstorming.

Would Bruce sacrifice his retirement to save the city? He had a gut feeling that he would. But it would have to be big. It would have to be something he couldn't say no to. Something fun and dangerous. The tendrils of a plan started to wrap around his brain.

The simplicity of the idea was the beauty of it. He reached for his phone dialing Ace's number.

"Yea Boss?"

"I need hostages."

"When?"

Oh that's why Joker loved this man, not 'why?' just 'when?'. "Sometime in the next four days, then we will have a day of prep and the sixth day for the fun."

"Okay, so how many do you need? Any preferences?"

Oh that was a good question. Joker thought for a second. "No kids, but, uh, maybe a few ladies or some elderly. Doesn't matter which. And let's say six."

"Got it. Anything else?"

Joker thought again, would there be anything else he needed from Ace? "No. Text me when you have them all." He hung up and paced his apartment for a second.

With the plan forming, Joker had a lot to do now, and he would need to pick up some supplies on his own. Well, maybe not on his own. Maybe Peach would like to help him, it would make things go a bit faster. He decided to call her.

"Are you in trouble? Why are you calling midday?" her voice was panicked.

"Relax, I wanted your help, So I am calling in my favor."

"You asshole, fine what do you need?"

"Where are you? I will come get you."

"At the club."

"See you soon."

He hung up and moved to grab his things. He had his face paint in his pocket, he wouldn't need it until later. He grabbed his large coat and headed to his elevator. He rode it down to the garage floor and hurried to his car.