Isn't Life Comical?

~You think she's adorable, she thinks that you're intolerable

You think you can do it but your chances are improbable

Once you feel unstoppable, you run into an obstacle

Isn't life comical? I think that life is comical~

~Lil Peep~

Bruce was sure he'd be free soon. He knew once they found Joker and Lyra together, the police would have no choice but to let him go. They would realize that Bruce had tried to help her, but it turned out she was just too far gone. Once he was free, he would insist that he wanted to adopt the baby. He could afford to raise it, give it a good home. If he couldn't save her, he could at least save that innocent baby.

He wasn't surprised when his lawyer and Detective Cortez came through the door.

"Mr. Wayne, you are under arrest for the kidnapping on Lyra Napier. You have the right to remain silent."

Bryce was confused. "Did you go to the apartment? Did you find Joker? Were they there? They are criminals."

The detective ignored Bruce's outburst, finishing reading the Miranda Rights to him. He finally sighed. "Mr. Wayne, we just got back from their apartment. We spoke to Mr. and Mrs. Napier. As we were leaving, the Joker was on live television, threatening the city."

"No, you're wrong."

"I guarantee you, I was there, and she looked terrified."

"No, she is evil. She helped him. She was at amusement mile last year. They gassed a lot of people. They are evil."

"Calm down Mr. Wayne." The detective led him out of the interrogation room and into a holding cell.

Bruce didn't understand, he knew he wasn't wrong about any of this. Why was the detective lying about this? Was he one of Joker's men? As he sat in the cell, he watched his lawyer talking with the detective. He hoped his lawyer would get him out of here soon.

The holding cell had been empty besides him and he was thankful for that. It hadn't taken very long for the officers to start to process him. The fingerprinting and mugshots were just embarrassing. He was pushed into a room where they made him strip down and he was searched. The clothes given to him didn't fit well.

He was pushed into a small cell. He looked over at the small cot and the toilet with the attached sink. He wouldn't be able to stay here too long. He laid back and tried to relax while his lawyer hopefully did her job.

Joker was waiting patiently, today, the message had been given, and he'd gone live and gave the city an ominous yet vague warning. There would be no saving grace this time. To expect the worst at any moment. Plus, he needed to be seen. After Bruce had been arrested, Joker had to change the plan slightly.

This whole ordeal had given Joker a small bit of hope. A chance to get a little payback for Bruce. He only delayed the plan 24 hours. Using the extra few hours were well worth the chance to get revenge on Bruce. All of his high handed actions had set him up for the big fall.

Joker couldn't have planned it any better, really. He pulled his car from cliff's apartment building, happy to have the man on retainer. Cliff had transmitted live from the place. It was magical. The drive to the house was long and uneventful. He was actually excited to get there. Things were going down tomorrow, he would enjoy the peace for tonight.