Eight Year Stretch

~You better watch out

If you don't know whats going on around you

You better think twice

Before you fly off the handle and lose it

You better join us

Before you get lost in the shuffle

You better rise against

The demons that are gonna try and hold you down~

~Papa Roach~

Eight years. Bruce looked at his doctor in disbelief.

"The judge wanted to make an example of you. You were given an amazing plea deal, and now this happened. You have to finish the remainder of the 6 months plus the eight years here at Arkham. If, once all time has been served, you get a clear bill of health, you may be able to leave here and get on with your life."

Bruce rubbed his face. He knew he deserved to do his time. He did kill the man.

"It's fine. I'm fine." he assured his lawyer.

"Call me if you need anything."

He watched her go, no doubt she hated him. To be completely honest, he wasn't that fond of her either. The guard came to escort him back to his cell. At least he had gotten out of the padded cell. He was in the violent offender ward on the 3rd floor.

As they got closer to his room, he watched the walls get grimy and stained by time. He hated this place, but he kept the opinion to himself. He didn't look anyone in the eyes, literally kept his head down and stayed to himself. With no real reason to leave his cell, he just took each day as it came.

The guards hadn't started the beatings back yet, but he stayed ready, just in case.

Eight years. Peach was happy-ish. Knowing that Bruce had gotten the maximum time he could get for what he did, felt like a victory. She wasn't sure what else her husband had planned, and she wasn't sure if she even felt up to it.

She smiled to herself as she waited to take Kayla in for her check up. The news station moved onto the next big story in Gotham. Peach lost interest quickly.

"Napier?" the nurse spoke.

Peach got up and carried her daughter into the doorway. They were put in a small room. Peach watched as the nurse weighed and measured her baby. She put notes on a paper on the clipboard she held.

The doctor will be in to see you in a few minutes."

"Thanks." Peach said watching the lady leave the room.

She held Kayla, looking at her baby. She watched as her daughter chewed her fat little fist, drool falling from her mouth in thick strings.

Peach grabbed the small burp cloth to clean the drool from her mouth. Her daughter attacked the rag. Peach laughed as she chewed the cloth. There was a small knock on the door and the doctor walked in.

"Mrs. Napier, how are things?" The plump woman asked.

"No complaints."

"May I?" she reached for the baby.

Peach handed her daughter over and watched as the doctor pulled her daughter's onesie off and checked her head to toe. The entire check up only lasted a few minutes. The doctor asking a few questions about Kayla's eating habits and if she slept well.

She redressed her and then handed her back to Peach. The Doctor grabbed the folder and made a few notes on it.

"Everything looks good. She's a bit below average on her length, but seeing she was born slightly early, it's nothing to worry about. Did you have any questions?"