Reunited?

~When I kiss you, like a lover,

That is when, we discover,

We are burning, in the fire

This love will never tire

When I tell you, that I need you

Please believe that, I wont leave you

You're a diamond, I'm a heart

Living in this, house of cards~

~Papa Roach~

Bruce was sick, he couldn't do this anymore. He had to stop the Joker. The story was all over the news, reporters having put together the clues, began hounding Bruce for a statement. He now found himself getting ready to speak at a small press conference. The big question seemed to be why was Joker targeting Bruce?

He couldn't very well tell them the real reason he thought Joker was targeting him. Bruce wasn't 100% sure but he felt it was the right assumption that Joker had figured it all out. He was really just playing with Bruce at the moment. Joker really wanted the Batman. Bruce was sure of it.

He checked his appearance in the large mirror. The slight graying at his temples seemed more obvious to him. The fine lines cut into his face, he felt so much older than he was. He took a deep breath and readied himself to face the crowd.

He had never meant to come back to Gotham. He had thought he and Selina would be happy, last forever. He'd given up everything for her. He was such a fool. He had woken up like any other day and she was just gone. Not a trace of her was to be found in their room. No pictures together, her clothes and jewelry gone.

It was like she never existed. He was so broken, he decided to come back to the gloomy city of Gotham. He felt maybe she had come back, he might have a chance to find her. Instead, he finds Joker, just as maniacal as before. Maybe worse.

He moved out of the small restroom, trying to push thoughts of Selina out of his head. He made his way to the small conference room where the reporters were. As soon as he made it through the door he was bombarded with flashes. The entire room was awash in loud whispering. Bruce ignored it all.

He stepped up on the small raised stage. The group quieted.

"Thank you for your patience at a time like this. It took me a while to gather my thoughts and feelings about this heinous act. First, I would like to give my condolences to the families of the two victims, Martha McDaniel and Charles Thomas. Their untimely deaths are the obvious work of a madman. It is true they were murdered and posed in the same manner as my parents were many years ago."

Bruce paused, collecting his anger and pushing it down.

"I have full confidence in the GCPD, and am fully cooperating in any way they need. The grisly reenactment of my parents' murder saddens my heart. Though they have not confirmed it, I have heard that this may have ties to the Joker. I would like to beg that he stop this madness. There is no need for it. I would like to thank you all for the opportunity to discuss this today. I have faith that the GCPD and the Gotham Justice system will prevail."

He stepped away from the microphones as they began screaming questions. He walked straight to his waiting car and left. He put up the privacy divider and cried.

Joker was as happy as he could be. Since his private message to Bruce hadn't panned out, He made this one much more public. And the city had not disappointed. They had almost instantly linked Bruce to the victims. Joker was impressed. If Bruce hadn't put the pieces together yet, realizing Joker knew his secret, then he was a moron.