Bad Jokes and Bullets

~Red lips, a sinister tongue,

(I'll taste you until I can't)

Our trip has just begun,

(I'll fly with you til the end)

Psychedelic poison,

(you are in my veins now)

And there's no denying

(there's no denying)

As we both burst into flames~

~In This Moment~

Joker waited patiently, the anticipation was exciting. He never understood the excitement of New Year's Eve before today. Why the crowds would stand in the cold for so long to do what? Joker was getting a bit anxious, he would give Batman five more minutes before he blew up the first hostage.

He moved forward, getting ready to step into the 'center stage', when he saw the sparks fly. That was the signal from Red. The adrenaline move through him, Red saw Batman. Joker had done it. He had gotten the bat to show his face.

He scanned the sky, it was so hard to see him in the dark. He was looking in the direction of the sparks, almost letting his hand slip from the trigger on his detonator. Whoops that would have ended the night too soon. The reporter followed Joker's line of sight.

Joker smiled as the reporter gasped. She'd seen him too. Oh goody. Her voice grated on his nerves. "Gotham we have just spotted the Batman. He is here."

Joker watched Batman land himself behind a few of the hostages. No doubt looking for a way to rescue them. Joker turned abruptly to the reporter.

"Story's over scram!" he said.

"You wanted us here. You said..."

"I got what I wanted. Go away...or stay and die."

"The press has a right..."

He was so tired of this woman, Joker pulled his gun and shot the cameraman in the shoulder. The man screamed as the camera hit the ground.

Joker turned back to Batman as he heard the man crying and the woman hurrying away. The police were shouting orders and Joker shooed them away like flies. He had eyes only for Batman.

"Let them go."

Oh classic Batsy. Joker chuckled at the familiar banter. The deep grow was music to his ears.

"Not yet." He smiled. "Tell you what, If you play nice-ish, I'll set them free."

"Alive?" Joker laughed, Batman was getting smarter.

"That is up to you."

"What do you want? You forced me back out here. I showed. Just end this." He said.

"That is the type of talk that that gets people killed Batsy. I'd be more careful in future conversations."

Batman closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath, then opened them again. "I am sick of the games." He said.

Joker frowned, "Too bad, I live for these moments with you."

Batman stepped forward. Joker held up the detonator. "Ah, Ah, no fast movements. I'd hate for my hands to slip. It's so hard to get brain matter out of your hair."