Pity Parties and Galas

A/N: enjoy...

~Being that I love you so much

In the end they all will say

Breaking someone else's heart again~

~Serj Tankian~

Joker pulled up to the familiar building, hating that it was to meet with the guys. He was still sore that he had to share this with anyone besides his wife, but sacrifices must be made for the cause. Despite the guys staying here, the place still looked abandoned. Good.

He parked at the back gate and let himself in. He cringed at the amount of people in here. If they hadn't been necessary to his plans he would just burn the place down with them inside. Fire could be so cleansing.

He shook the dark thought from his mind and walked through the building. He reached the stairs and bellowed out. "Meeting in 15." He pushed his way up the stairs and out onto the roof. The cold crisp air helped his mind clear further.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. Missing the smell and taste of the city air. Once he felt centered, he readied himself to go talk with the men downstairs. He stepped through the door and into the landing upstairs. He made his way to the stairway and could see everyone waiting quietly. Oh, these guys wanted to survive this.

He held back the chuckles that bubbled up in his throat. He did a quick head count, seventeen. That wasn't bad at all. More than enough for what he had planned first. He paced a second or two to pull his thoughts into order.

"We have a job coming up boys." He paused and looked at the men. "In three days, there will be a Wayne Gala held for fundraising. We," his hand swept across the room, "are going to crash this shindig."

The men were looking excited. Good. "We are going to give Gotham's biggest philanthropist a welcome home he won't forget." The men let out whoops and laughter. Joker cringed inside. They were in this for the wrong things, but who was he to let that go to waste?

"Now, for this party, we all have to dress in our finest. Rent some tuxes. Get with Ace for the money. Look sharp. Oh and bowties only please." He chuckled at their confused faces.

"Meet here Friday, 4:00 PM, dressed to, uh, kill." Now Joker let the laughter out before his stomach began to ache from it. He turned and headed back to the roof.

Once in the cool air, he lit a cigarette. He watched the fog roll across the water and hit the city full force. It was a beautiful sight. The big city buildings starting to light up as the sky began to darken slightly. It was like the business types were scared of the dark.

He snuffed out the cigarette and tucked the filter in his pocket out of habit. He reached for his phone and called Ace.

"Yea Boss?"

"I just informed the lackeys of a job Friday. The classic party crashing. They will need money for tuxes. We need to get big intimidating guns for the boys."

"Anything else?"

"Oh yea a bowtie. Color doesn't matter."

Ace chuckled. "Ok, what time Friday?"

"Meeting here at the apartment at 4."

"Got it, 4, Friday, big guns, bowtie."

It was Joker's turn to chuckle. He hung up the phone. Three long days to go. He wasn't sure if he could make it that long. He left the apartment and started the long drive back to his place. Maybe he should get a place in the city too. Just for him. And maybe Peach. Maybe.