Truth hurts

~Hey you, see me, pictures crazy

All the world I've seen before me passing by

I've got nothing, to gain, to lose

All the world I've seen before me passing by~

~System of a Down~

Bruce Williams was the talk of the morning news. Joker was eating handfuls of dry cereal and watching the reports.

"The victim's name is being withheld for the privacy of his family. He is currently on life support at Gotham General after being found near death at the old Wayne manor, turned orphanage. He was discovered the early hours this morning, by the groundskeeper. He suffered from a number of injuries. The only clue to who may have been behind the seemingly random act was the victim's face was painted similarly to The Joker."

Joker was smiling widely. He had no doubt in his mind that Bruce Wayne would eventually work it all out. Wayne would use his Batman super-sleuthing and connect all of the dots Joker was leaving behind. If it took too long, well, Joker would just drop another body and a few more clues to help him along.

He almost hoped he didn't figure it out, it would make this a lot more fun. The phone next to him chimed. He grabbed it and answered.

"Yes?"

"You watching the news?" Ace's voice was amused. "Was that what you were up to last night?"

"Maybe." Joker chuckled.

"Impressive."

"Well, I aim to please." He said dismissively.

"I think you may have traumatized Jeff."

Joker frowned, "Who?"

Ace laughed. "One of the men you took last night.'

"Oh, the dark haired one. He will get over it. The ginger did well."

"Good to know, boss."

There was a few seconds of quiet before Ace spoke again.

"You need anything?"

"Nooooo," he let the response draw out, what a strange question from Ace. "Why?"

"Your wife asked me to check up on you. She said she was getting worried."

"Hmm." He said.

Joker hung up the phone. He tossed it on the couch and got up to get a drink. The cereal and conversation having dried out his mouth.

As he sat there, he wondered what he should do. About the bat about his wife about all of it. He rubbed his hands on his face hoping it would knock loose the answers. It didn't.

Normally, this was where he would find Peach, lose himself in her. She, unfortunately, was on his bad side. She wanted to act petty and lock herself away, he was much better at being petty. She would have to grovel and beg to get back on his good side.

He pushed those thoughts from his head. He needed to get things rolling. While he waited for either Batman to show, or his time to drop the next clue, he really should be doing something. The idea floated into his head.

He needed a new hideout for the guys, they needed more room than the small apartment building. He laughed at the simplicity of it. He, no Mr. White, owned an amusement park. He would be able to convert the place to a fairly large hideout.

After his welcome home party, the city had closed it down while they dealt with the crazies he had made. Joker had decided to have it closed down because it had served its purpose. The place still had power and water, the city got its land taxes, and he had a large chunk of dead real estate. Oh he was getting excited now.