Bonus Chapter- Merry Christmas

A/N: this isn’t part of the story, just a short bonus chapter from when Melissa was younger as my gift to you for Christmas.

“Bang!” Ash shouted as he shot me with his pretend gun.

I gasped as I looked down to where the wound would have been, “Oh no! I’ve been shot!” I pretended to faint for effect by falling to the ground.

Ok, so maybe we’re not the most mature ten year olds, but what can I say?

I heard a girly scream sound from across the room. “What have you done!” Annie asked.

“I’m sorry!” Ash said, shaking my shoulders.

“What do we do with the body?” Luke’s voice joined the conversation; he always was the voice of reason.

“Perhaps you should hide it from…” A voice started, “The tickle monster!”

I heard a squeal sound from across the room and snapped my eyes open to see Sophia being tickled by my father.

I giggled a jumped up, running away along with the rest of my friends making a quick escape to my bedroom.

Once we were safely inside, we locked the door.

“She’s been caught!” Chelsea announced, referring to Sophia.

“Oh no!” Nina squeaked, “What do we do?”

Ash suddenly stood in front of us. “We have a rescue mission folks, and we need a plan of attack,” everyone nodded in agreement, urging him to continue, “So here’s what we do.”

He then proceeded to tell us the whole plan in detail.

I grinned evilly at his proposal and walked over to my closet.

“This calls for…” I started, “Camouflage!”

------------

“Ready?” I asked Ash who nodded in response, “Then let’s go.”

Ash and I stepped out the door dressed in over-sized camouflage and dad’s big work boots.

“Two more victims?” Dad asked, cunningly.

We pulled water guns out from behind out backs. “Move and we’ll shoot.”

He pushed Annie (gently of course, he’s not a monster) in front of him, by her shoulders. “You’ll have to go through her to get to me.”

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the others preparing for the next stage of the plan behind dad and I couldn’t help but smirk.

I held my gun a little higher, as if taunting him. Just as I was about to press the trigger, I saw the others were in position and yelled, “Now!”

Almost immediately, the water was turned on, soaking dad from the back and causing him to take a step backwards, obviously startled, and made him lose his gripped on Sophia who immediately ran over to join us. Unfortunately for him though, he trod right on the specifically placed skateboard, sending him flying backwards, his other foot landing in a bucket and causing him to lose his balance and fall into the kiddie pool set up for Nina.

The others came over to us as we all laughed at the sight in front of us. It’s not every day you see an adult laying in a kiddie pool and actually laughing about it.

“We win!” Nina cheered high-fiving Chelsea.

Sophia turned to Luke and grinned, “My hero,” she said.

“It was nothing.” Much to Luke’s surprise, Sophia walked over to him and planted a soft kiss on his cheek in appreciation. He stood frozen for a minute, with a slight blush on his cheeks. It was so small, the others probably didn’t notice; but I did.

“Um, hello?” Ash waved a hand in front of them to gain their attention, “It was my idea, where’s my kiss.”

I chuckled and walked up beside him, kissing him on the cheek myself. “There whiner-baby, you fail to remember the fact that we helped too.”

He shrugged and suddenly pulls me close to him and placed his lips on mine for a split second. I felt my eyes go wide and now it was my turn to be frozen.

I heard a chorus of ‘Ohh’s’ from the girls and snapped out of my trance in time to slap Annie across the back of the head as she was the closest one to me.

“I swear, there’s something seriously wrong with you guys,” I claimed, looking around the group of my friends.

Yet the funny part is…

I wouldn’t change them for the world.

A/N:

Merry Kissmas! Opps, I mean Christmas.

Shocking, huh? Melissa’s first kiss was with Ash, well, I guess it’s not that shocking but whatever. I hope you all enjoyed this special bonus chapter and I know it’s short but it’s just a bit more insight into Melissa’s past and the Ash that comes along with it.

I’m working on the next chapter but I’m not sure whether to do it in Mark’s point of view. If you think that’s a good idea, comment below!

Thanks to all my readers and Merry Christmas.