Chapter Eleven

"What the f*ck happened?" I screamed, struggling to push my way through the guards.

"Miss, please calm down." Doctor Gilmore said calmly.

"No! What. Happened?" I asked slowly but maintained my glare to help him understand that I wasn't messing around.

The security guards finally managed to get a firm grip on me and hold me still. I looked up at the doctor, tears threatening to spill out my eyes and I gave up struggling.

"Please tell me." I begged in a defeated whisper.

My anger was subsiding and instead worry and sadness were taking over, leaving my body limp in the arms of the guards.

"Sit down." The doctor sighed.

The men walked me over to a chair and gently placed me in it. They remained by my sides in case I planned to do something, but I barely had the strength to sit up straight.

I knew something was wrong the minute Nina turned up at the mansion, but that only magnified when I entered the hospital to see people running about in complete chaos saying stuff like, "The V.I.P's crashing."

"Look, I know this is going to be hard to hear but just bear with me until the end." I nodded in confirmation, and tried as hard as I could not to let my tears fall from my eyes.

"After you left, your mother started to push. The moment she did, however, the doctors realised there was something in the way."

"Is the baby ok?" I blurted. I hadn't even given a thought to it until now; I was too worried about mum.

He nodded, "Yes they are."

"They?" I questioned.

"The Triplets."

WHAT!?

"Triplets?!" I temporarily forgot my worry and launched forward in my seat. This was NEVER part of the deal. One baby is ok, two I can learn to live with but THREE?

"Yes."

I shook my head and looked down at my hands, "They never told us there was three."

"They never knew."

My head shot up upon hearing this new information. "Why?" I asked.

"They said they didn't want to know anything about the baby except that it's healthy. No gender, not if they're twins etc." He explained.

"Ok." I nodded. There is nothing I can do about it anyway. "What are they?"

"Babies." He said sarcastically.

Even at a time like this, the arse has a sense of humour.

"No sh*t." I cursed.

"No cursing." He scolded.

Doctor Gilmore had treated Nina, Sam and I since before we were born. He was the best paediatric surgeon in this hospital and he happened to be a family friend too.

He is kind of like my crazy uncle, but he is sane when he needs to be.

"What gender?" I repeated in a more obvious way.

"Identical girls and a boy."

Aww... I always wanted to have sisters who are twins. Now I can dress them up the same and when they grow up they can help me pull pranks.

"What are their names?" I asked, leaning forward in my seat.

I noticed one of the guards flinch beside me, as if he was about to grab me. I looked up at him with boredom, "I'm not going to bite him."