Chapter 29 - Xander

Felix insisted that I come to his stupid ass dinner but I didn't even like the idea of it in the first place. Why did he even want to have a private dinner like this? I had no fucking clue. All I knew was that he liked Aspen and her little minions way too much. I tried to get out of going but he made it a command as head alpha, and there was no getting out of that. Asshole.

I didn't talk much since I was in a bad mood or "worse mood than usual" as Felix would say. It wasn't my fault that my dick appointment got cancelled. Apparently the girl had to babysit or some shit, so I had to spend my whole afternoon walking around like a bored fucking idiot. At least I got some steak for dinner.

Aspen's bubbly personality had always pissed me off, but I'd known her for a while so it was a bit more tolerable. That omega Luca annoyed the fuck out of me but I couldn't fucking pinpoint why. Lastly, Elias was too fucking shady. He was just as nice as Aspen but more quiet and innocent looking, like he was planning something. It's probably because he's a damn human; he can't be trusted no matter how good he tries to be.

During the entire dinner, he was quiet as usual, occasionally glancing up at me for no damn reason. It was pissing me off so I gave him an evil glare the next time I caught him. It was amusing watching him instantly look away but Felix had to fucking kick me from under the table like the bitch ass parent-friend he was.

I couldn't help it; Elias just rubbed me the wrong way. He'd always been so fucking quiet and shy, but when I saw him and Luca sitting on the benches at the training grounds a couple days ago, he was extra quiet. I didn't know he could get any quieter, and it seemed like he was still just as silent tonight. He pretty much only spoke when spoken to, looking at people but instantly averting his gaze when they caught him. It was irritating to say the least. He's even a fucking vegetarian. The only good thing about that was that I got his cut of steak.

"Xander informed me the other day that there's been a rogue wolf around the territory," Felix said. "Apparently it's been circling around near the river for a few days."

I grimaced. He fucking acted like it was no big deal when I told him about it the other day, so why the hell did he feel the need to tell Aspen and the two outsiders this information that only the warriors know about? He was getting too close to them too soon, I could feel it. At the same time, I couldn't say anything because Luca and Elias technically hadn't done anything that I could call them out on. If they pissed me off too much, I'd find something.

While Aspen and Felix were talking about the rogue, I decided to look at Elias since he'd been ogling at me all damn night. I cocked an eyebrow when I saw him. He looked uncomfortable and nervous, like he fucking should be, I thought. I brushed it off. He was a human after all, so I guess some werewolf stuff was bound to make him uncomfortable in one way or another.

"U-Um, alpha Felix, where is your restroom?" It was probably the first time Elias spoke up on his own all night.

Felix told him where it was and Elias got up quickly. I was suspicious at this point; first he looked all nervous and then he suddenly had to take a piss when he barely ate or drank anything? I watched him walk across the large room and out of the doors, narrowing my eyes as he got farther away. When he shut the doors behind him, I tried to focus back on the conversation but I couldn't completely.

Aspen, Luca and Felix kept talking about random shit and I sat there without saying a word for what felt like fucking months. I started daydreaming and after snapping out of it, I realized that Elias hadn't come back yet. The restroom was right outside of the dining hall; there's no way he shouldn't have come back by now. I couldn't say I was going to look for him because Felix would downplay it since he knows I hate humans, so I had to lie.

I stood up almost abruptly, startling Aspen. "I have to take a piss," I said, stretching my arms out and then walking casually to the restroom.

When I made it outside of the dining hall, I removed the nonchalant expression from my face and furrowed my brows. I turned the corner and opened the door to the men's restroom. It was empty.

"Shit," I cursed, checking to see if any of the stalls were in use. Sure enough, they fucking weren't, and I stormed out.

Where the fuck could he have gone? I decided to go up a few floors on the elevator to where my office and Felix's office were. I had no clue why he would be there, but it was the only other place that he and Luca had ever been in this building, so it would be a good start.

The elevator chimed and the metal doors opened, so I walked out into the corridor and down to Felix's office. The hallway was dark, so I stopped midway and began to turn around when I heard movement. I immediately kept going, walking down to Felix's office and secretly hoping that Elias wouldn't be there, hoping that he wouldn't just be another villain like the other humans I'd known.

Felix's office door was cracked and that's when I knew someone was there. When I got to his office, I opened the door suddenly and papers fell all over the floor. I looked to see a startled Elias trembling, the blue light of the computer screen illuminating his face.

"I-I'm sorry," He muttered, trembling slightly.

I huffed. "What the fuck do you think you were doing?"

"I-I'll go now, I'm s-sorry..."

He made a move towards the door and I blocked it, watching his gaze move from the floor to me. "What were you doing?" I asked harshly, using my alpha voice.

I tried not to use my alpha voice often per Felix's request, but I was pissed. Since I was head beta and second-in-command, I had an authoritative voice like alphas did which fucking came in handy at times like this when I needed it.

"P-Please, I didn't do anything," Elias whimpered, averting his gaze. "I'll leave now, I-I promise."

My eyes widened. Speaking in the alpha voice would make anyone do whatever you were commanding, but he didn't answer my question. Shit, I thought. He's a fucking human, it must not affect them. I looked down at his pleading eyes. I wanted so badly to be cruel, to tell him to get the fuck out before I tore him apart, but I couldn't.

"I fucking told you I'd take care of you myself," I mustered. "You fucking pull something like this again and you'll wish you hadn't. Traitors are dealt with the worst. Do I make myself clear?"

He nodded quickly, tear stains on his reddened cheeks. I moved out of the way and he walked quickly out of Felix's office, looking as if he didn't succeed at whatever he was trying to do. I walked slowly behind and thought about what the fuck I'd just done. I never go easy on traitors, and I just let off a fucking human? Maybe it was me who was feeling off. Still, I would keep my guard up from now on. Now I had to keep an eye on Elias and that damn rogue.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

Xander caught Elias red-handed and is having an internal battle. Will he ever figure out why he keeps finding himself feeling so conflicted about Elias? If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote and comment what you thought! - D ♡