Epilogue - Luca

1 year later

"Calm down, Aspen. You're making me nervous."

She was in a rush; for what reason, I couldn't tell. I was getting married to Felix today, and simultaneously being crowned as Luna of the Shadowclaw pack. My nerves were bordering between calmness and panic, but I kept my composure stoic in hopes that my emotions would follow suit.

I sat in a swivel chair while Aspen did my makeup in a vanity. My body faced away from the mirror, Aspen not allowing me to see my appearance until she was done. It wasn't my choice to wear makeup by any means, but typically a Luna was female. It was common to at least wear some form of makeup on an occasion like this, and Aspen said she'd keep it fairly simple. I trusted in her abilities, but I couldn't help but worry at the container of gold flakes she kept dabbing her brush into and using near my eyes.

"Sorry, Luca. This is just such a big day! I'm excited for you, that's all. I just want to make sure you look perfect before the ceremony."

I sighed at Aspen's behavior, fondly watching her as she looked through a pouch for another makeup palette. "You're putting too much pressure on yourself."

"You're marrying the head alpha and formally becoming Luna today. There's no such thing as too much pressure in this situation!"

"Can I at least see what you've done so far?"

"Not yet, I'm not finished," she muttered, sticking the tip of her tongue out in concentration. "Hold still."

I closed my eyes as she worked on them, the soft bristles of the brush kissing my lashes. After a moment, she moved on to the other eye and then gave me a hint of blush. I hoped that I didn't look too overdone, but Aspen's strokes felt light and her colors were subtle. It was no secret that she had experience with this craft.

"There," she said, admiring her work. "All done."

She turned my chair around and as soon as I saw myself in the mirror, I was left speechless.

"Aspen, you did amazing," I breathed, moving my head to see the different angles.

My skin was enhanced by a subtle powder that matched my complexion and a small amount of blush near my cheekbones. The part of her work that left me the most awestruck was the way she did my eyes. A golden pigment was brushed on lightly, and the golden flakes sat on top to create an ethereal look.

"Thank you," she smiled, her previous tension dissipated as she squeezed my shoulders. "Now go get ready."

I stood up and hugged her tight, and she returned the embrace. Making my way into the closet, I found a dark gray suit that had been prepared just for me. It was brand new and tailored perfectly to fit my form. I put the outfit on, taking a deep breath. Every step I was taking was a step closer to Felix being my husband, and me becoming the co-leader of this pack.

I finished doing the last button on my suit jacket when a beta attendant came into the room. "It's time, sir."

With a deep exhale, I tried to steady my nerves as the attendant led me to where the ceremonies would be held. We were behind an outdoor stage, the curtain closed so as not to rile the massive crowd before the event. It was nerve wracking to say the very least; all of the pack would be watching.