Chapter 9 - Felix

It had been a few days since the "incident" with Luca, and my head was still spinning. To make matters worse, Xander wouldn't let me live it down, either.

"What the fuck were you thinking? Why would you even run after him like that?" He said, throwing his hands in the air.

"He looked exhausted! I didn't fucking know he was going into heat," I retorted.

It's not like I hadn't had sex before, but with Luca, something was different. Sure, he was in heat and that made any alpha turned on. But he made me go into rut, something that shouldn't have come for at least another month.

I put my hand on my forehead in exasperation. "Did I really fuck up that badly?"

Xander looked at me as if he was about to deliver bad news. "You would have if Aspen and I hadn't come in. You were about to mark him."

"I-I had no idea... I remember most of what happened but I guess some of my memory is blurry."

Xander walked closer to me, slapping his hand on my back. I winced slightly.

"Ouch."

Xander raised an eyebrow. "I've slapped you harder than that before. Are you getting weaker?"

"No, but that stung. Is there something on my back?"

I pulled my shirt up a bit so Xander could look.
After a moment, I turned around and saw his eyes widened.

"Damn, Luca got you good," Xander said with a smirk.

He placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me towards my bathroom mirror, helping me pull my shirt over my arms and head, throwing it on the sink.

I looked at my back in shock. What the hell? I'd never had any scratch marks like that before. I looked like I'd been in a fighting pit against three other wolves. After a few minutes of staring at my clawed back, I threw my shirt back on and talked on my bed with Xander a bit more.

After a while he left, and I didn't really have any important pack matters to handle so I roamed the hallways of the head alpha quarters. As I walked and dragged my fingertips across the walls, I looked down in thought. How had Luca managed to shake my life in less than a week? How did a shy boy like him end up all alone in No Man's Land? I was also conflicted about what had happened a few days ago. Should I apologize? Shrug it off? And why did I enjoy it so much compared to when I'd had sex before? So many questions rattled my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about them. More importantly, I couldn't stop thinking about Luca.

Some of my memories from that day were hazy, but not all of them were. I remember how soft Luca's skin was, and how his hair was so fluffy and unkempt from his training. I remember how he wanted my touch so badly, like we were the last two people in the world. I remember his rosy cheeks and sultry moans and his sweet scent.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway, putting my hand against my head. I had to see this alluring boy again.

I quickly left the alpha quarters and made my way to Luca's apartment. I stood outside of his door and took a deep breath before knocking. Why was I so nervous? It took a lot to shake me like this. I had to calm myself down before I faced him again.

He couldn't be mad at me, and even if he was, it had been a few days. I tried my best to not take advantage of him, he would understand that. Hesitantly, I knocked on his door. To my surprise, there was no answer.

I knocked again and got the same result. In confusion, I decided to knock on Aspen's door. Surely she would know where Luca was; they seemed close.

After a moment, the door opened. I looked down slightly to see her brother Leo standing before me. He slouched a bit, straightening his posture once he realized it was me.

"A-Alpha Felix, can I help you with something?"

"Hi, Leo," I smiled, hoping I could hide my growing concern. "Is Aspen home?"

"She left a few hours ago, earlier this afternoon. Is something wrong?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Have you seen Luca at all today? Did she leave with him?"

Leo averted his gaze in thought. "I haven't seen him today. Aspen was reading a paper when I walked out of my room late this morning. She looked kinda pissed and went to leave. When I asked where she was going, she just said she'd be back as soon as she could."

Damn it. "Thanks, Leo."

He nodded and closed the door as I walked off. Maybe I had made a bigger mistake than I'd thought.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Hi everyone! I wanted to use this space today to celebrate 1000 READS!!!! I could not be more surprised and grateful for all of the reads, votes, comments and overall support you guys have given me so far. I posted the very first chapter of My Mate's Touch a little less than a month ago and you guys have shown so much interest and have given me a lot of motivation as a new writer! Thank you all so so much for your support and I hope you guys enjoy how the rest of the story plays out. Sorry for the speech, I just wanted to make sure you all know how grateful I am ♡

If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment what you thought! Thank you all so much for reading ♡ - D