Twenty-four: Where are you?

*Note: Expect that there are typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

"Amery, no please. Don't leave me. You promised me to stay with me until the end. Pero bakit ganito? Bakit ka na umaalis? It's not yet your time. Huwag mo akong iwan..."

I pleaded to her, hoping that she'll turn around and tell that this is a whole prank. But I was left dumbfounded when she just disappeared in front of me.

What the hell just happened?

We were just happy earlier, we even went out to have our first date and danced under the dark skies but I don't get why she is bidding her goodbye to me. She even said that I should stop helping and loving her.

But even though I'm clueless, my heart is throbbing in pain. Nasasaktan ako dahil sa biglaang paglisan niya. Hindi ko pa nga alam yung rason kung bakit niya ako iniwan. She promised me that she will stay until the end but why did you leave me, Amery?

I was just standing in the balcony holding the guitar while staring at Amery's place earlier. Hindi ako makagalaw dahil hanggang ngayon ay naguguluhan pa rin ako.

I wanna grow old with you

Pero bigla akong natauhan nang maalala ko ang kanta. Fuck. I need to find her. I rushed towards my door and put the guitar on top of my bed. I didn't even bother change my clothes because my thoughts are filled with Amery. I don't care if I'm just wearing a shirt and a sweatpants, my top priority now is to find her. I can't afford to lose her this early. I just can't.

"Iven, where are you going?"

I heard my mom called me when she saw me running in the living room. I didn't answer her anymore since I know I wad running out of time. I hurriedly went to the garage and opened my car. Napatigil ako nang nilingon ko ang front seat, I suddenly remembered the image of Amery sitting there.

I closed my eyes to shrugged those memories. I need to find her even if I don't know where she is. I'm not even sure if it is possible to find a soul. I revved the engine of my car but before I could start driving, I saw my mom running towards me. She looks worried, and I know it's because of me. Hindi ko na siya hinintay na makalapit pa sa akin para itanong kung saan ako pupunta, I immediately started to move the steering wheel and left the house.

I'm sorry mom, but I need to find my girl right now.

My grip tightened on the steering wheel when I remembered again what happened earlier to us. Para bang pinipiga ang puso ko habang inaalala lahat ng iyon, I could still hear what Amery said to me which really broke my heart into pieces.

"I'm leaving, Iven and no words could stop me from leaving you. Hindi mo na ako makikita simula bukas. Just thought of me as a beautiful dream with a painful ending."

I know there's a reason behind why Amery left me like this. Hindi niya ako iiwan kung walang rason dahil alam kong mahal ako ni Amery. Yes, she loves me. Don't forget about that, Iven. I could feel my body getting weak but this isn't the time for me to cry and grieve alone. I still need to find her and I know she will come back to me. She will...

The thought of not seeing her tomorrow makes my world crumbled into pieces. Hindi pa kayang mawala siya sa akin. Hindi pa ngayon. My day will not be complete if I will not see her and it's already my everyday dosage to see her every morning. 'Yun na ang nakasanayan ko at hindi pa ako handa na mawala iyon. I just can't afford to lose her right now. Huwag muna ngayon, Amery. Hindi ko pa kaya.

I immediately stopped the car when I arrived at our university. Lumabas na ako ng kotse at tumakbo sa loob, the guard didn't mind me anymore since he knows me. I went first at the building of medicine, dahil baka andito siya. Amery is a sentimental person so maybe she went here to recall all of her memories. Pero nabigo ako nang hindi ko siya makita. Dumeretso na ako sa building namin at tinignan lahat ng kuwarto, but my knees became weak when I didn't see her.