Twenty: Late Night

*Note: Expect that there are typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

I know it's very wrong and stupid but what can I do if my heart beats the same with Iven? I know it will be very selfish of me if I'll make this official too just like Iven wanted but I want to make the remaining days of mine memorable and that can only be done if I'm with Iven. He's the reason why I'm smiling everyday, making my stomach filled with tiny butterflies, and making me feel special.

Kahit ngayon lang, maranasan ko lang ang magmahal sa taong mahal din ako...

"There's a song I want to sing for you."

We're just sitting here in his balcony while watching the lovely and serene moonlight. Our hands were intertwined and it's so beautiful to see even though we can't touch each other.

"Talaga? Kakantahan mo ako?"

I said with amusement in my voice. We're still wearing tuxedo and a dress, Iven didn't mind getting change since he wanted to cherish this night.

"Yeah, para sayo naman."

Napakagat ako sa labi ko dahil sa sobrang saya. Grabe, pinapakilig na talaga ako ni Iven! Hindi na ako makapaghintay na pakinggan yung kanta na para sa akin.

"Sige nga, parinig."

He cleared his throat and moved his head closer to me. Sumandal na lang ako sa kaniyang balikat kahit hindi naman puwede.

"I wanna grow old with you"

"I wanna die lying in your arms"

"I wanna grow old with you"

"I wanna be looking in your eyes"

"I wanna be there for you in sharing in everything you do"

"I wanna grow old with you"

Sabay naming kinanta ni Iven ang huling linya ng kanta kaya naramdaman ko ang pagtingin niya sa akin. I slowly look up to meet his gaze also but as I stare at his pools, I can't help but to feel sad and to feel the pain in my chest.

"Iven paano kung—"

"Shh, let's not think about that first. We should be happy because this is our first night as a couple."

Ang gandang pakinggan yung salitang couple mula sa kaniya. Kaya napangiti kaagad ako nang marinig ko iyon. This night felt surreal for me, para bang panaginip lang ito sa akin. But if this is really a dream then I chose not to wake up anymore.

Tama nga siya, we shouldn't be sad today dahil ito ang unang araw na naging kami. Dapat masaya kami kahit ngayon lang.

"I have something to tell you."

He whispered underneath my ear, kaya nakiliti ako dahil sa init ng kaniyang hininga.

"Ano?" I asked with excitement.

"Remember when you met a guy who was dressed in black when you went to the rooftop to the hospital that you were admitted to? That's me, Amery."

My lips immediately parted the time that he confessed me that he was that guy. Of course I remember that! It was my last night on earth before I died. My last night that I was with...him.

Maybe fate really brought us here.

"Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa akin nung una?"

"I can't find the perfect time to tell it to you."

"So narinig mo rin yung mga pinagsasabi ko roon?"

Nakaramdam ako kaagad ng hiya nang maalala ko na ang dami ko palang sinabi nung gabing iyon. I was confident eh because he was wearing a headset. Kaya ang alam ko ay hindi niya ako marinig.