❤️Chapter Seventeen❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️
"Sir everything is sorted out. The decoration, cake, flowers everything is ready" said Mandy coming towards me.
"Would you like to drink some coffee?" I asked glancing at him.
He nodded his head. As I began to prepare coffee for him he asked "sir can I ask you something?"
"Sure" I said pouring the coffee on the cup.
"What is the reason behind all this arrangement? Is it someone special's birthday?" he asked.
I glanced at him but he hurriedly moved his gaze away from me. Maybe he felt offended asking the thing which he never did.
I handed him the cup and said "I will answer you only if you agree to keep it as our secret."
He took the cup nodding his head and saying "definitely it will remain as our secret for forever."
"It is for someone special but..." I paused taking deep breath "but saddest part is she doesn't know I take her as someone special."
"Oh! One sided love" he said in teasing tone.
I smiled and looked away from him.
He took a sip and said "if you want I can help you out to propose her. I have the best idea..."
I interrupted "I cannot do that."
"Come on boss. I know you can. You just need little bit of courage" he tried to persuade me.
"It's not about being courageous" I replied drinking my coffee.
"What is it then?" he asked out of curiosity.
"I cannot tell you that" I said turning away from him and walking towards the sink.
"Is it family issue?" he asked.
"Noooo..." I replied washing my cup.
"What is it then? You can tell me... it will be man to man talk" he still tried to persuade me.
"I am not interested in man to man talk" I said walking out of the kitchen.
He followed me behind "being frank this is the thing that I hate about you."
I turned towards him with my wide eyes and he hurriedly said "I mean the way you keep mystery hidden."
I took deep breath and said "she is married to someone else."
He was stunned hearing me. After all who would have thought that his boss would be in love with someone else's wife?
I turned back and walked towards the hall. In a while I heard him saying "extra marital affair?"
"No, no it is definitely not that" I turned towards him "I said you she doesn't know I love her."
"Oh! Sad one sided love story" he said.
"Now will you please stop interrogating me and help me out to recheck everything" I said rolling my eyes.
"Sure" he nodded keeping the cup on the table and came towards me.
"So did you use yellow and white rose?" I asked him.
"Yeah, the decoration is all done with yellow and white rose" he replied.
I looked around and found that the hall was beautifully molded with rose and balloons. He had arranged everything quite well. I sat on the couch feeling exhausted. I haven't worked much but still I was feeling so weak and exhausted.
"Sir, are you alright? You don't look good" asked Mandy standing behind the couch.
"My head feels heavy" I said rubbing my temples.
"Should I bring you medicine?" he asked in concerned tone.
"No, no I guess it will be fine after sometime" I said stretching my arms but I panicked when my eyes fall on the wall clock. It was half past four and I had not changed.
"Shit... I need to change. Mandy you stay here for a while and if you hear the doorbell don't open until I come back" I said and ran towards my room.
As I had just changed into my fine t-shirt and denim I heard doorbell ringing. I slightly pushed my hair backwards and walked out of my room. I saw Mandy was eagerly looking towards my direction. As he saw me he gave a smile.
"What?" I asked walking towards the door.
"I have never seen you on denim. You look good" he gave me a compliment.
I glanced at him raising my eyebrows and asked "are you a gay?"
"What? No... Why?" he asked hesitantly.
"No man ever passed compliments on me so I just think men don't compliment men" I said and opened the door.
I was shocked when I saw only Arvin standing at the door. Trying to look behind him I asked "where is she?"
Arvin cleared his throat and moved aside revealing Lisa who was standing behind him. There she was looking like an angle in that sky blue dress. I found her looking so beautiful in that color.
"Happy birthday Lisa" I said giving her warm smile but she rolled her eyes and walked away furiously.
❤️❤️❤️❤️