❤️Chapter Fourteen❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️
Taking deep breath I got on my car. I was convincing myself to return back to my apartment. I started the engine. My heart was racing out loud.
"No, no you cannot go back to her. Head to your apartment Steven"
"Just for this time as I will not be able to get her glimpse from tomorrow"
"No" "Yes" "No" "Yes"
After having battle deep inside me I turned my car towards the centre. I was not even sure whether I was doing the right thing or not. But I must admit that I had never felt that much soothe in my entire life returning back to my centre. Thinking that I will get to see her gave me goosebumps inside. I noticed that the curve formed by my lips was not leaving my face.
Finally when I got close to the gate I saw Lisa standing on the same place where she was when I left that morning. There was big smile on her face seeing my car approaching her.
I got off the car and greeted her returning the smile "hey, still here?"
"I knew it you would come" she said with excitement mixed on her tone.
"Did you?" I was astonished. She nodded her head replying "Yes..."
"Did you stand here all day then?" I asked walking inside with her.
"I am not fool to stand here for whole day and hurt my legs. I do have my works" she said proudly.
"And can I know what work is it?" I asked turning towards her.
"You will know when I am gone" she said giving witty smile.
Her answer made me numb. I do know that she will be gone but hearing it from her made me heartbroken. I felt so helpless for not being able to make her stay by my side for forever.
Suddenly I don't know what force was it but it was pushing me towards her. Step by step I got close to her. She was stepping back looking at me.
"Do you really want to leave?" I asked and hell knows why I did so.
When she approached the wall she stood still and said in low tone "I wish I could tell you the answer..."
She lowered her head watching her for a while I asked her "why can't you answer it?"
She didn't reply anything so I gripped her chin gently and lifted it making her to look at me "tell me why you can't answer it?" I asked her again leaning closer to her face.
She stared deep into my eyes trying to say something "I...." my eyes fall on her rosy lips.
I leaned more close for the first time in my life I was that close to a girl. I was longing to touch her lips with mine. By now I saw she had closed her eyes which made me feel that she too wanted me to kiss her. As I was about to touch her lips with mine suddenly she looked away.
I hurriedly stepped back coming back to my sense and apologized "I... I am sorry... I didn't mean to... I am really sorry. I know this is not right. I am so sorry."
And without looking at her face I ran outside due to embarrassment. I was regretting it so much.
"What were you thinking Steven? You were about to kiss someone else's wife. You know it right? It is a sin. James had trusted you and left her by your side so that you can cure her. But you... you are not a person that can be trusted just the way your father said. You are a cheater."
"No, I am not... I loved her long before she got married..."
"Still you don't have any right to kiss her not even touch her..."
As I was driving towards my apartment a war was going inside me. When I was not able to resist it anymore I pressed the break hard and got out of my car.
"AHHHHHHHH...." I screamed out loud.
"Why God? Why?" I kicked the tire furiously.
"What might she be thinking? Indeed must be angry at me as I was going to take advantage of her.... How Steven? How? How can you make such blunder mistake?"
After yelling out for an hour in that empty dark road I calmed myself down thinking that at least I didn't kissed her but who knew it would be the greatest regret whole my life for not kissing her.
❤️❤️❤️❤️