❤️Chapter Nine❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️
When I asked her she suddenly sat upright and got alert. I was surprised with her sudden action.
"What happen?" I asked but she didn't answered instead began to weep silently. This made me realise that so many things are there to understand about her and I was rushing over it.
She had just started to talk but here I was asking so many questions without caring of her emotional spot. How could I forget that though I had no reason taking drug but she might have big reason behind it?
"I... I am sorry. I shouldn't be asking you that right? I am really sorry you don't have to tell me if you don't want its totally okay" I said trying to persuade her.
Only then she wiped her tears away and my heart was in ease. The bell for breakfast rang and I got up.
"Let's go inside you must be starving."
"No, I don't want to eat" she replied looking sideways.
"But I want to. See yesterday I feed you now it's your turn. Come on don't you want to pay back the favor?"
"Was it just your favor?" her question hit my heart.
I wanted to tell her "no, it wasn't. It was my love for you which I have since so long."
But before saying anything I had to be very careful that now there was a line between us. She is wife of someone else and a patient of my centre. So no emotional attachment was possible.
"Um... I have nothing to say just the rules are strict here. If you won't eat now then you will not be getting any meal for today be it lunch, snacks or dinner" I tried to persuade her though there was no any rules like that.
"Do you think I can't survive? I am used to it" she said folding her arms.
"What? What do you mean by that?" I got alert and asked with curiosity.
"Nothing... just nothing I said nothing" she said getting up and added "let's go."
She rushed inside and I followed her in dilemma "What was she supposed to mean by that?"
I sat with her in large dining hall which had numerous numbers of chairs and tables. Most of the chairs were filled and they all were having their breakfast. I placed the plate in front of Lisa.
"Where is your plate?" she asked.
"No, I am good. You have it" I said looking at my cell phone.
"Here... take it" she patted on my shoulder.
I glanced at her then at the plate. I saw that she had divided the sandwich into two equal.
"No, no you don't have to this I am alright. You can have it. I am not starving" I refused.
"If you will not have it then I too don't want this" she said pushing the plate away.
"Okay, fine" I took one half of the sandwich and took a bite. She took the other half and ate it smiling at me. I found a paradise seeing her smiling. Her smiling was soothing me.
"Sir..." I heard Arvin calling out for me.
I lifted my head and looked at him before he said "I need to talk with you."
"Have your breakfast and go to block B. I will see you in a minute" I said and got up.
She suddenly held my wrist and said "I will be waiting."
I glanced at her and nodded my head. Only then she left my wrist and began to have her breakfast. I followed Arvin and went out of the hall.
I was surprised seeing receptionist desk empty so I asked immediately "where is Rose?"
Hearing me Arvin immediately turned towards me and said "she is the reason I wanted to talk about. She quit her job."
"What? When? Why?" I was shocked.
"I don't know. When I called her she just said she is quitting and before I asked for anything she disconnected. I called her again but she didn't answer."
Listening Arvin I fetched my phone from my pocket and dialed Rose's number. The ring went but she didn't pick up. Probably she was showing her attitude because I yelled at her last night. She always did that. Be it to increase her salary or get scolded because of her mistake she does the same stay at home and not show up until I convince her. Never in my life I had convinced Rose more than anyone else.
Keeping my phone back on my pocket I said "we need to get new receptionist prepare for it."
"Are you sure?" asked Arvin.
"Yeah, I am totally faded up with her dramas. Enough is enough. I am her boss not her boyfriend. I pay her to work not to show her attitude and stay home for every small issue. And make sure you provide her this month's salary to new receptionist as welcome bonus..."
Arvin smiled at me like he was just waiting for a day to kick Rose out of the centre "I will make all the arrangements as soon as possible."
❤️❤️❤️❤️