The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.3

The young boys stare at each other, it was a moment of awkward silence. The one who broke the silence was the red headed one, the youngest.

"Who allowed you to enter the Royal Garden? It is off limits to everyone, except the Emperor and Empress." The boy looked at Gabriel with his cold eyes, yet there was a hint of annoyance and contempt.

When looking at those eyes, Gabriel already feels horrible because of the revelation he recieved a few minutes ago, but having someone look at him as if he was a waste just angered him even more, causing him to comment back to the young child.

"Then why are you here? I don't remember hearing the Emperor is a snot nosed brat with a short temper. And I know you can't be the Empress."

Gabriel looked at the boy with equal annoyance and dislike, not caring if the boy would feel hurt or start crying when an older boy looks at him with a glare.

Gabriel just huffs and turns, he didn't want to waste time on a high and mighty brat. 'Today really isn't my day, why didn't I fake an illness or something.'

"Hey, Wait!"
Hearing the childish voice using a commanding voice to gain his attention back, Gabriel just narrows his eyes even more, and felt like the kid has no manners.

He turns back, but notices a change on the boy's eyes. They weren't as cold. Before the child speak, Gabriel got ahead of him.

"Don't you know any manners, you don't just scream 'Hey Wait!' You should ask for the persons name or wait for him to introduce themselves, yet with that look filled with contempt and disrespect, who would stay to hear you? You should at least apologize for that attitude of yours."

Gabriel started to nag the boy with his hand in the hip and his other moving in a scolding manner. He remembered this was the pose his nanny used on her children when they did something bad.

The boys eyes widen and wonders if this is a new tactic of trying to gain his attention, but soon threw that thought away.
'They wouldn't dare, especially if there's a high chance of angering me." While still looking at the nagging boy, he can only come to one conclusion.
'He doesn't know me.'

At the same time he made that conclusion, Gabriel was close to the end of his nagging.
"Since I'm older, I'll be more forgiving of your attitude".

The young child looks at Gabriel and wondered 'if all that scolding is considered you being forgiving, then I wonder what is your unforgiving one.' The boy didn't speak those words, if he did, he had the feeling he would quickly know the answer to the question.

"Ok, well that's all. Goodbye." After finishing his scolding, Gabriel turns to leave, but the boy stops him again.
"Hey!."

Causing Gabriel to roll his eyes in exasperation. He turns to the boy again. "Hey this, hey that, I have a name you know!".
"Well what is it?"
"Huh?"
"Your name, what is it?"

Hearing the question, Gabriel just noticed he hasn't introduced himself, causing him to facepalm, surprising the boy.

"Ah... seems that I had no right to scold you so much when I forgot the most basic thing, sorry", Gabriel apologizes to the boy with a self mockery smile "Gabriel Envoy, the son of Luke and Ivory Envoy. It's.... a pleasure to meet you?".
'While in truth it wasn't.'

The young boy feels that was why Gabriel paused and even added a question to that last sentence, but he decided to ignore it for now.

"I see. Hey, do you kn-" before he can ask Gabriel if he knew him, Gabriel looks like he was ready to scold him again, which caused him to change his words.