Adonis and Darius

"Papa."

"..."

"Papa!"

"Hm!"

Mihkael snapped from his dazed state and looks down at his daughter who looks up at him in worry.

His breath stops for a moment when his daughter image overlaps with that of a young women, one who had tears running down her face while calling to him.

***
"@&#&%#!"
***

"Ugh!"

Mihkael leaned on the wall while holding Sakura. Raphael quickly grabbed a hold of him when he saw Mihkael sudden actions.

"Mihkael!? What's wrong!?"

Mihkael just shakes his head and hands Sakura to Raphael. Sakura didn't want to let go but had no choice when seeing her father paled faced and looking like he'll fall unconscious any second.

"Mihkael! Are you having another attack."

Raphael leaned toward Mihkael and quietly asked in a whisper when seeing a few guards heading their direction; he didn't want them to listen to what he said.

'Attack? What type of attack!? Why is this the first time I heard of it!?!?'

Sakura was shocked at the sudden new information she received from this incident. However no one there can answer her thoughts or would say anything more to answer those questions.

Mihkael as well seem to know what Raphael was asking. He just nodded and
steadily stood when the guards arrived beside them.

"Your majesty, are you unwell? Is it an enemy attack?"

The guard who spoke quickly went behind him while the other protected his front while looking around.

Raphael quickly cleared the misunderstanding.

"No! It is nothing like that. His majesty had a moment of dizziness from little sleep. I will take him to the guestroom to take a rest. Would you do me a favor."

Raphael hesitated when he said those last words, but he knew Mihkael wouldn't want Sakura to see him in such a state and he can't leave Mihkael with two guards who aren't bound to secrecy like those of the royal knights, so he had no choice but to ask them if they can take Sakura to the dining area. He trust this two guards with that much since they are ones who worked in this mansion since they were children. He remembers that much from the many visits to Gabriel's home.

"We would do anything with no issue sir Raphael."

One of the guards who appeared to be in his mid 30s spoke up. Worried laced in his face when seeing the appearance of their great emperor.

"Her highness needs to be taken to the dining area for her meal. Would you do me the favor of taking her there and handing her to your madam."

"Understood! We will put our utmost to take her there safe and sound."

Both guards stood straight and rigid at the news of guiding her highness Sakura toward the dining area. They, as workers of the estate knew of what occurred to the young princess and go their own young lady, but they do not know the full story. So they believe her highness may have been targeted. That's why they have a serious expression when being given the task to take her to their madam.

"Thank you. Now your highness."

Raphael hands the unwilling child to the guard who spoke. Sakura grabbed hold of Raphael's sleeve, not wanting to let go.

"Your highness. Please go with the guards, after I take care of your father, I'll go and check on you ok?"

"I wanna be with papa."

She pouted and took a few glances toward her father that held worry of his state.

'In none of the other lives have I heard he had attacks of any sort. He was an emperor who held no weaknesses. So why in this life does a sudden illness of sort appear out of nowhere!? What the hell happened?'

"Raphael. Please! Let me be with you and papa."

"Your highness. Your papa won't like it, please, go with the guards."

Raphael felt guilty seeing her anxious and worried eyes yet he couldn't let her see Mihkael like this, he knew his friend well to understand he wouldn't like his child to see him weak.

"Raphael."

Mihkael hid his emotions and seemed normal, but if one heard his voice and just look at his complexion, anyone can see that he is struggling to appear fine.

"I am tired. Let us go."

Before he can say anything else his vision blurred again and he used Raphael to steady himself. Raphael himself used his body to support Mihkael, hoping that the guards didn't see their emperors sudden need of support.

"You two, take her highness to eat. And your highness; everything is fine so do not worry."

'Fine my ass! How is him almost falling fine!? Dammit! I'll find out what's wrong, even without you guys telling me, just you wait.'

Sakura however just nodded, hiding her thoughts and just watches how her father turns away while trying to hide his need of support from Raphael to walk straight.

"Do not worry your highness. His majesty is a man who is known for his strength so he is well. Just tired."

The knight spoke in assurance of that fact; most likely because he has watched this very emperor grow to become the pillar of this empire and become not once have they ever heard their emperor fell I'll in their life. Maybe a cold or two, but never anything that would effect him drastically.

Normally Sakura would agree, for all the lives she has seen, Mihkael never suffered from something that effected his work or state of mind. However this seemed critical, especially since he: Who was a man known to never display once his pain or would stand straight even after being slashed and stabbed at by his own child, just because he didn't want her lose herself anymore.

'Something really is wrong! That man never fell or displayed pain when Sakura slashed at him and stabbed him in the gut. He only smiled and reassured her none of it is her fault, that.... he would bring her home.'

***
"Your majesty!"

A shout filled with urgency and fear filled the air. Raphael was restrained to the grown by Azrael who tried his best to not harm the man.

While Ariel was protecting Uriel while he healed Hedwig who was bleeding profusely from the stomach. It was Ariel's voice who released that shout when he saw a sword go through their good friend.

Yet the one who was stabbed didn't display an ounce of pain and just a wary smile at the perpetrator. Holding the sword while calmly speaking to the blank faced girl who dared stab an emperor.

"That hurts quite a bit. But no worries, I'll have Uriel heal it after we return. But you should be tired after all this, so let's go back. Ok?"

Black eyes look back at his own calm ones. They trembled and look down at the hand that rests on top of their own. The perpetrator for the first time showed an expression other that a blank stare.

Her eyes widen and she takes her hands away from his and from the sword.

"Ah.. Ah... N-N-No. I- NO!"

An internal battle ensued and her eyes that were pitch black started to disappear while her original ones appeared through the murky darkness. However the joy the man felt of seeing those eyes were short lived when they filled with pained tears and her sudden self abuse by scratching herself and ripping her hair.

"Sakura! Stop, don't do that please!"

Even with a sword in his gut he quickly headed toward his child and grabbed her hands so she would stop injuring herself.

"I-I didn't want t-this! I- No! SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUT UPP!!!"

She shakes her head to the point it would seen it would fly off her head. She spoke to no one, yet Mihkael knew she was speaking to the corruption inside herself. But knowing she showed up was a relief to him. He just hoped his other child will show up soon to purify Sakura so she can finally be free.

"Sakura! Don't worry. I'm fine, it's just a small scratch."

He let's go of her hands and cups her face in his hands. He looked straight into her panic and guilt filled eyes and he tried to assure her it is fine by smiling and trying to act like all the wounds he suffered wasn't painful at all.

His eyes didn't display his pain, his complexion was normal and he even smiled lovingly at his daughter.

"I'm sorry I didn't arrive sooner, but we will go home now."

Sakura teared up even more.

"I-I stabbed you. How can you still want this disgusting thing to go back!"

"I see no disgustingly thing. I just see my precious jewel who was taken away from her home. But now I'm here to take her home and keep her safe and close to me than ever. I would never allow this jewel to leave my side again."

"P-papa."

She clenched her mouth and calmed down in his hands. Hope filled Mihkael, but he soon quickly sensed something was wrong.

"I can't go back."

"Sakura!?"

She looked up at him again and hatred displayed in her expression.

"You gave that women a place in the harem. That women was the cause of this! She was the cause of mothers suffering and my own!! Yet you made that women a part of your harem!"

"Wait! What do you mean!"

"But I don't want my anger to be used to cause anymore harm to those around me."

One eye was back to being swallowed by the darkness while the other held resolution.

"I rather end it all here."

"Wait Ugh!!!"

Sakura wrapped her hands on the hilt of the sword and pulled, Mihkael saw white dots and blacked out for a moment only to refocus again. He was kneeling in pain and looked up only to see Sakura raise up the sword and aimed right at her own chest.

"NO!!"

"Your highness!!"

"Shit!"

Raphael pushed Azrael away who didn't try to stop him, rather he went ahead as well to see if they can stop her.

Ariel was blocked by the corruption beasts that still appeared through the portal so he had no choice but watch the situation unfold.

Sakura glances to the side and watches how Raphael was just steps away. His eyes filled with desperation. Even Azrael who wasn't that close to her ran toward her to stop her actions. She smiled at them sadly.

"I love you papa Raphael. Even you too papa."

She looks back at Mihkael and watched despair fill his eyes. He reaches out trying his hardest to ignore his bleeding. But all of them was a step too late.

With that bloody sword she stabbed right through her heart, the corruption shrieks in anger in her mind. And a satisfying smile reached her lips.

"Give... justice.... to moth..er....an...me-"

Mihkael watches as the girl collapses forward to his arms. Raphael calls for Uriel when the portal that kept summoning those beasts finally disappeared and Ariel was able to kill his way to them. Only to stop in his tracks when he saw the translucent girl in Mihkael's arms.

"No, nononoNO!"

Raphael angry roar filled the air. All their work to bring her back home safe and sound was for naught. They failed to protect the child, they failed the promise to protect her to Aurora. They failed and nothing can reverse this failure. Only anger filled Mihkael eyes.

"Rose's mother... bring her to me in the throne room when we return. She will be punished for her crimes."

Those were his final words, while he himself carried the corpse of his daughter back home.
***

"Sakura!"

"Huh!?"

"Oh! You finally snapped out of your day dream. I was wondering when you will hohohoho!"

Who stood in front of her was her aunt Sapphire. The women smiled and had the guard put Sakura down in the chair. She herself headed to her own seat and waited for the others to arrive.

"Oh dear. That husband of mine must have passed down his tardy blood to both my lazy sons. All three never make it in time. Only me and Adaline gets her in time. But Sakura dear, have you seen my husband and the other men? Why hasn't your father and Raphael escorted you here themselves?"

Sapphire found it strange that guards from their estate were the ones to bring Sakura to the dining area. Especially so when her husband said they will have an sudden meeting but will arrive in time. Yet not one of them arrived to dinner, not even Seraph, who was very particular of his time.

".... papa was tired and Raphael took him to take his rest. While Uncle Gabriel got a bit tired too. And the other uncles were staying to talk a bit more."

Sakura watched her dangling legs and couldn't look at Sapphire when she spoke.

"...I see. Well that is fine. Oh! At least two of my men arrived at last."

"Sorry mother, it took longer to dress today."

"Sorry mom. I overslept haha."

Both voices ruined Sakura's mood even more that it already was. She looked toward the voices and saw two teens walking toward the table.

'...Adonis and Darius.'

Both boys were a pain for Sakura, both broke her belief in love, and she rather have nothing to do with them. Both Capture targets that ended up falling for the heroine and condemning the villainess Sakura.