•Chapter 32:"The Quarry with Stanley"•

...

I reached the park where I saw the Stan sitting on one of the green benches and quietly sat at the end of it while he sat on the other. He was muttering something that I can't comprehend that he didn't noticed my presence. So I decided to speak up to announce it.

"Am I late?" I asked and for some reason I also asked myself if I really was since it did took a long time to walk from point A to point B. I didn't bother bringing my bike.

"A bit. Well about five minutes. I was starting to worry you wouldn't show up." He said smiling as I widen my eyes in horror of my tardiness.

"Oh sh*t, I am so sorry. I don't have clock and didn't notice the time pass and-"

"Hey it's fine. It was just a few minutes anyways, and judging by how you only brought yourself you don't have your bike with you." He said laughing at my embarassed self and shake his head and stood up and grabbed his bag, which by the size of it has a lot of stuff in it. I furrowed my eyebrows as he was taking off his bike stand off the ground as I also stood up.

"What's inside your bag? It looks like your going away for a trip or something." I joked as he rolled his eyes and dodged the question by briefly saying:

"You'll find out soon. We'll walk on the way there." He said again with his cryptic answers.

It took a bit longer maybe about 20 minutes or so when according to Stan we reached our destination.

"The quarry?" I asked.

"Yeah, since it's our last days. I wanted it to be spent with you." He said as I looked at him, confused at his answer.

"Ours?" I asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to tell the others and I feel a bit more safer when I open up to you more. I wanted you to be the only person to know." He said and I opened my mouth to say something yet nothing came out but only a bunch of stuttering nonsense.

"How long did you know?" I asked once more.

"About a while when the group split, at first it was just a plan but then my dad was more eager to leave when he found out about this-" He said as he circled his face with his finger reffering to his bandaged wound.

"-and well, I was actually going to tell you, but my dad was too strict to even let me out. Good thing you called so I have an excuse later if so he decided to yell at me." He said as I gave him a look of worry at his attempted escape just to see me or tell me this.

"I'm sorry." I said. 

"Don't if you haven't call I wouldn't have the guts to sneak out." He said as he smiled and I nod at it.

"Well we aren't here to talk about the inevitable, I actually wanted to spend one last birdwatching with you since you ditched my last exclusive invite." He said jokingly but for me I  frowned as I remember that time of me changing my plans.

"Also just to make your guilt even more, I was actually looking forward to it too." He added again with his jokingly mannered tone as he set down a big blanket that he took out on his bag. When he was finished, he walked at the edge of the blanket near the cliffside where at the bottom is a lake where I can't believe it's been months before all of us we're here all together -except for Mike since we met him a while later- just being normal without the whole concept of IT on every single conversation we have as a group. But I guess it may sound weird but IT is kind of the reason we got this tight knit group, we've seen all the horrors and traumas and we are there for each other. Until today, when our group was physically spilitting. 

"Well? Are you just going to stand there or will you help me take all these stuff out of my bag?" Stan asked me snapping me back to reality as I rolled my eyes.