Chapter 19

4x02

"Wow." Deaton trails off as we bring Derek to his clinic.

"Wow? Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow, cause that's the kind we're hoping for.." Stiles hopefully asks.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton sighs.

"He's cold-- Really cold." I tell Deaton.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asks his boss.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton sighs.

"So, what do we do with him?" Stiles asks.

"Until she wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton answers.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles deduces.

"If he's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton tells us.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asks, not understanding the motive.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anyone but her." I tell her.

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles finishes with a sigh.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger.. So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" Deaton tells the students. "It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you.." Scott trails off.

"I'll stay." I speak up. "Everyone thinks I'm dead, so it won't be much different from a normal day."

"I'll stay too." Lydia says, looking at the hand grasped around her arm. "My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes."

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles interrupts.

"Guys, go." I tell them.

"No-" Stiles starts to say but Scott cuts him off.

"Text us if anything happens." Scott interrupts.

"Nope! Still not okay with it. Not going anywhere." Stiles tells us and gets dragged away by Scott. "All right, just 'cause you're stronger.." He sighs and they all leave the room.

"You're alive." Deaton says.

"Looks like." I sigh. "No idea how i am or how i'm going to explain it to Raf."

"They know your body went missing." He tells me and I nod.

"Calaveras." I say and he nods.

"Tell them they faked your death because you were close to getting a lead on something in mexico." Lydia suggests.

"Yeah, that's probably the best." I nod.

"Does he know?" Deaton vaguely asks.

"No. Only us, Scott, Kira, Stiles and Malia." I answer.

"What about the bond?" He says.

"It's not there anymore." I frown and wonder where he's going.

"He might have just saved your life." Deaton tells me and my eyebrows raise.

"Who?" Lydia asks.

"Peter." I answer. "So, are you telling me the bond saved me?"

"He feels your pain, correct?" Deaton asks and I nod. "So, he's able to help you heal."