Chapter 15

3x15

"Bring him around back. And keep it quiet-- no one needs to know except for the people who absolutely need to know." I tell the ambulance driver and walk into the hospital with Raf at my side.

"Oh here we go." Melissa mutters and I flash her an amused smile.

"Hey! He is not coming in." Stilinski tells us.

"This is the only hospital that will take him." Raf explains.

"What about the county?" Stilinski frowns.

"You'd be surprised how fast things fill up when a guy like this needs surgery." I tell him.

"They turfed him to us?" Melissa scoffs, joining the conversation.

"Yeah, if the county doesn't want to operate on him--" Stilinski trails off.

"Somebody has to." Raf interjects.

"Somebody needs to do his pre-op interview." Melissa sighs.

"Who usually does that?" I ask her.

"Me." She replies.

"We'll be right outside, you'll be okay." I say, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder and she nods.

"Try and keep in mind exactly what this guy is capable of, he's a former engineer who decided to walk onto a school bus with a shrapnel bomb. He left 4 students dead and a 5th with no leg." Raf explains to her.

"Way to break it to her gently." I scoff, but he just gives me a stern look.

"Just out of curiosity, have any psychiatrists made any progress?" She asks us.

"I'm told he says the same thing almost every day, when he gets out, he's going to do it again. And this time, he's going to get it right." Raf tells her and she walks into the patient room.

"I didn't know you knew my ex wife." Raf frowns.

"My little sister is in your son's year, and I had to go to the hospital a lot with all of the killings." I explain, avoiding the supernatural element of it all. We had to stay in the hospital all night, due to his violent outburst with Melissa about kids with glowing eyes. We wait in the corridor for the surgery to be over until we hear doctors and nurses screaming. We burst into the room to see a lot of flies and a doctor lying on the ground with a scalpel in his chest. "Okay, track the area for barrow, see if any type of transportation goes missing and track it." I direct some officers who immediately do as I say.

"Amy." Raf says walking over to me. "An ambulance has been stolen, heading toward the school."

"Listen up, everyone!" I shout to the swarms of officers. "The stolen ambulance has been spotter. Corner of truman and Spaulding."

"That's three blocks from the school." Stilinski realises and I nod. "Let's go! Go!" I get onto my bike and speed towards the school, getting there at the same time as Raf.

"You get the school shut down, I'll look in classrooms and talk to students." I tell him and he agrees, we split into different directions and I bump into Stiles. "The schools are going into lockdown, you need to tell everyone to be safe." I say, then speak in a whisper. "Especially the ones with glowing eyes."

"Wait, what?" he asks.

"William Barrow was spotted nearby." I explain. "He escaped during surgery, loads of flies came out of his abdomen."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute! The William Barrow? The shrapnel bomber? Spotted nearby?" He questions.

"The fact that you know about him disturbs me." I retort. "A little closer than nearby, actually.." I trail off and we watch as Raf tells the other agents what to do.