Chapter 3

3x02

After my eventful night, I found out my Dad had stitched me up and that I needed to take it easy for a few days, but life had other plans when I was requested to go to the school by Allison.

"What do you need?" I ask walking into a classroom. "Because I should be on bed rest after yesterday." I mutter and everyone looks at me strangely. "What's got you attention? The mark around my neck, the scar on my face or the black eye?"

"All of the above." Stiles answers.

"Yeah, I figured. What's up?" I ask and they show us the mark that is on Lydia and Allison's arm.

"I don't see anything." Derek tells them and I nod my head agreeing with him.

"Look again." Scott tells us.

"How is a bruise going to tell me where Erica and Boyd are?" Derek scoffs.

"It's the same on both arms. Exactly the same." Scott tells us.

"It's nothing." I sigh.

"Paredolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there." Lydia says, but only receives confused looks.

"It's a subset of apophenia." I explain and Lydia nods.

"What they said." Derek tells Scott.

"Take another look." Scott tries to tell Derek.

"I don't need to." Derek protests.

"They're trying to help." Scott tries to reason.

"These two?" Derek says gesturing to Allison and Lydia. "This one who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle." He looks at Lydia and then Allison. "And this one who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

"Hey, no one died. There might have been some maiming. A little mangling. But no death. I call that an important distinction." Stiles says, looking on the bright side.

"Our mother died." Allison tells him.

"Please." I scoff. "She could have disobeyed the code."

"What?" Allison asks, confused that I said that about our mother.

"Why do you think I left? To get away from this stupid life and i went somewhere they couldn't track me." I explain.

"Why did you do it so they couldn't track you?" She asks, clearly not knowing anything about being a hunter.

"Gerard would have killed me." I say simply.

"Okay, can everyone back off for a second?" Scott asks, intervening.

"The girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him. Not you." Allison tells derek.

"You want help? Find something real." He says and turns to go, Scott follows and stops him, they have a private chat and Derek leaves the classroom.

"I'm leaving too." I tell them after receiving a text from Stilinski about a missing girl. "Duty calls." I walk out of the school and get onto my bike, I go to start it but get stopped by Derek. "Can i help you?"

"You had my back in there, why?" he asks.

"Because you were right." I tell him and he frowns.

"You seem familiar." He expresses his actual question.

"We met once, in the woods." I say giving him a smile.

"How do you know the Alphas?" He questions.

"I knew all of them." I tell him. "I was Gerard's most trusted hunter, he sent me to every meeting and they preferred that I was the only one they could actually tolerate."