33

January 18, 1980

Upon returning to the pack lands after dropping Ella off at school, she pulled into her garage but as she peered over to her 'neighbors' she saw Kristen and Lindsey sitting on a hammock together. She growled internally and when she exited the garage to head to the packhouse, Kristen had the audacity to call out her name and wave. 

Stevie grit her teeth and waved back anyway and walked towards them.

"Where's  Ginger?" Stevie crosses her arms staring at her children's father. 

"She's with your mom and dad. Something about wanting to take her into town to spoil her." Lindsey shrugs. 

"Oh, well...then...I'm going to go to work." Stevie points to the house. 

"Alright, I was thinking we could go into town and have dinner at that Mexican place you like," Lindsey tells her. 

"Sure...I'd like that." She grins.

"With or without the children, because I'm sure my mother would be more than willing to watch them." Lindsey looks up at her. 

"Oooh, maybe without them...would that be so bad?" Stevie inquires.

"Nope...it's a date." He smirks as she smiles and nods before heading towards the packhouse to get on with her day. 

***

Stevie eats lunch at home, simply because it's only a short walk away and it gives her more time with her husband and her children. So while she's making up some grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch Lindsey comes in and places his hands on her waist and kisses her cheek.

"I'm making you two sandwiches is that okay?" She questions.

"Perfect...how does six-thirty for dinner sound?" Lindsey asks.

"Make it five-thirty...we'll be back earlier that way," Stevie tells him. 

"Alright." He kisses her cheek again, but she turns around in his arms.

"What?" He questions.

"Kiss me properly." She demands wrapping her arms around his neck.

He smirks at her and then they connect lips and she involuntarily moans out as he presses her back against the counter where the griddle is sitting. 

"You're not wearing a bra are you?" Lindsey asks as the pair hugs each other tightly after they break their kiss. 

"Do you have a problem with that?" She questions looking down at her white silk spaghetti strap blouse and white chiffon skirt. Blush strappy stilettos on her feet. 

"No, I kind of like it." He tells her reaching up and cupping one with his hand. 

"Well, it's not going to happen often. They're saggy after I breastfed your daughters." She tells him.

"No, they are not." He assures her.

"Sure." She smirks. 

"Your food is burning," Lindsey smirks back, and then she sighs and turns around and flips the sandwiches. 

Lindsey and Stevie eat their lunch together like always and somehow they manage to squeeze in a quicky before Stevie went back to work seeing as how they were alone in the house. 

***

Stevie lost track of time, plain and simple and her attention was further derailed when a knock came at her office door. 

"Come in." She calls.

"Hey, Steves." Tom peeps his head in. 

"Hey Tom, what's up?" Stevie questions taking her glasses off and sitting up a little bit straighter. 

"So Mike and I have been talking, and we've talked to our pack and most of us aren't too comfortable heading back to Florida. So I've made a presentation for you." He smiles. 

"Well hit me," Stevie states falling back into her chair clasping her hands on her stomach. 

"Mike and I propose a merger of our packs. We'd fall under the name Moonlight Pack, you and Lindsey would be the heads of the pack, and Mike and I would step down from our positions. It would give you full reign over us and it'll give you a little bit more protection. We're a man heavy pack and most of them are amazing warriors and we heard about that attack you had about two years ago with the Blood Moon Pack." Tom starts. 

"Well I'd have to talk to John and Lindsey but I don't see it as a problem. But we'd definitely have to do some reconfiguring...which, why don't we start with it." Stevie suggests. 

Tom nods and then takes a spot across from Stevie at her desk. The two of them are in their own little world writing up logistics and blueprints and so on and so forth when a throat is cleared. 

"Lindsey, you're all dressed up." Tom shakes his hand. 

"Oh my gosh is it five-thirty already?" Stevie asks her hand clasping over her mouth.

"It's actually six." He sighs. 

"Oh Lindsey I'm sorry...well we can still go to dinner. Tom and I will be only a few more minutes." Stevie tells him peering up at the clock on the wall.

"Alright, I'll go wait in the hall." He sighs. 

A few more minutes turned into an hour and as seven o'clock was upon them Lindsey pushed off from his perch outside of her office. He walked into the pack kitchen where Ruth was about to stick some chicken nuggets and French Fries in the oven. 

"Daddy!" Ella cheered running towards him and wrapping her arms around his hips. 

"Hey, kiddo." Lindsey coos. 

"I know we're late on dinner but it's Friday so I figured they could spend the night with me here in the packhouse and give you and Stevie some time together and if they're under my care i'd let them stay up a little bit later," Ruth explains. 

"It's fine, but there's not going to be Chicken Nuggets. Ella do you want to go get some Mexican food with me?" Lindsey questions.

"Is that the spicy food that momma makes a lot?" Ella questions.

"That's exactly what it is." He nods.

"Yay!" Ella cheers as Ginger claps in the little booster seat. 

"A daddy-daughter date that sounds so sweet." Ruth chuckles setting her cookie sheet down. 

"Maybe... I'm thinking about inviting Kristen. She's from Tom's pack and she's been telling me how she's having a hard time adjusting to life here." Lindsey shrugs. 

"What about Stevie? Wasn't that the whole idea for tonight?" Ruth questions. 

"She's in a meeting with Tom we were supposed to leave at five-thirty, it's now seven so I see where I stand and I'm just going to go." Lindsey shrugs as Kristen walks into the kitchen. 

"Be careful," Ruth warns. 

"Oooh, what are you doing?" Kristen asks.

"I'm inviting you to dinner with me and my girls," Lindsey smirks.

"Oh, what about Stevie?" Kristen inquires.

"A bunch of meetings came up." Lindsey shrugs. 

"Well, I'd love to go to dinner with you." Kristen grins and Lindsey collects his daughters and they head out to the car. 

***

By the time Stevie looks up at the clock in her office again, it's nine-thirty and she bolts out of her chair. 

"Tom I'm so sorry but I promised Lindsey dinner and..."She starts.

"It's okay, I kind of figured. We'll talk more later." He nods as Stevie grabs her stuff and they make their way out of her office. 

"Lindsey I'm so sorry we can go to a bar or something I...Lindsey?" She asks not seeing him in the hallway. 

"Stevie I think he left...I'm sorry." Tom pats her back before he heads past her to go to the room he'd been staying in. 

Her lip wobbles but she holds the tears back and breaks out into a sprint towards her house.