9

May 4, 1973

Today was going to be a shit show. She could feel it as soon as she woke up that morning. For starters, it was quarterly meeting day and she hated Alpha work. But she just felt awful. Absolutely awful. She was tired, really tired. She thought it had to do with the fact that she doesn't sleep well without Lindsey, and Lily still isn't talking to her. And she felt sick. Not like she was going to throw up or anything just sick to her stomach. 

It's been awkward for a little over a month with Lindsey. He's been doing a lot with Carol and she hates it and every time she sees it she starts to cry.  A sad smile crosses Lindsey's face and then she's gifted with things. Flowers, baked goods, books, little things like that but the two of them haven't actually talked since the confrontation in his bedroom. 

Not feeling the best she opts to dress in a pair of leggings and a blouse and she threw her hair up in a Gibson and made her way to work. Stevie was flicking through her papers and listening to John talk when a loud cackle echoed in from the open window in the conference room. Carol and Lindsey were standing there and Stevie's heart broke but her wolf fumed when she saw Carol throw her arms around Lindsey's neck and plants her lips to his. Lindsey's hands trail to her lower back and they're going further south. Tears fill Stevie's vision and she gulps before jumping out of her seat and shifting in the air. Jumping through the window. 

Carol, knowing it's coming shifts into her wolf and the two of them end up growling and rolling around on the floor. Carol goes to swipe at her stomach and Lily jumps off rolling onto her belly and starts snarling at Carol. 

"I almost had her what the fuck is this?" Stevie asks her wolf

"Protect Pup," Lily replies.

"Pup, I'm pregnant?" She asks faltering a little bit.

"Yes, eight weeks kill her but protect your pup,"  Lily demands. 

So Stevie does, she lunges at Carol's neck but a wolf she knows as Don Henley cuts her off knocking her to the floor, she yelps not expecting the blow to her hip but she quickly lunges as Don and he pins her. Even though she's the Alpha, Female wolves are generally smaller than males no matter their ranking. 

Lindsey watches on as Don has Stevie pinned and then all of a sudden Adams appears in his head. "Protect your pup." 

Lindsey's head snaps to Don and Stevie. She's managed to get his wolf off of her but they're having a staredown and growls are coming from both parties. He knows they're having a conversation but he walks towards the two wolves and gets between them. Don now knowing that Lindsey is her mate makes his way over to Carol Ann and Stevie shifts and Lindsey just takes her into his arms.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't take it anymore." She sobs into his chest.

"I know Steph. I know." He rubs her back.

"You're going to get your pup." She tells him.

"I know that too." He nods. 

"Can we talk about this?" She asks.

"Yeah. Address your pack though." Lindsey points to the whole of the pack surrounding them including both of their families. 

"Our pack Lindsey. It's our pack." She sighs.

"You still have to address them," He tells her.

She just looks at them and she smiles. "Lindsey is my mate. I've known that Lindsey is my mate since January but I wanted to announce it on my own terms. The fact of the matter is, there is never a good time to announce anything on our own terms because we're expecting a pup. Things will not be changing as far as I am concerned. Lindsey will still do his Omega duties to an extent but he will also be my co-alpha. He will be present at all pack meetings, every important function and as I'm with child he will be taking over a lot of my duties temporarily. Is that understood?"