24

October 3, 1977

Stevie blew her nose and threw the tissue in the trash. She doesn't think she's getting sick as werewolves tend to not get sick...ever...but she does have seasonal allergies and she deep cleaned her office so the dust was flying and that's one of her biggest allergies, or if the baby is making her sniffle, but Barbara said that when she was pregnant the second time she could not stop sniffing for the life of her. Stevie remembers it vaguely as she's five years older than her brother. 

She went back to her paperwork and a knock came at her office door. She's been using the office more frequently since her daughter was born because when she's at home Ella becomes a distraction. She loves her dearly but she's not conducive to work. She takes her glasses off and looks at the door before calling "Come in"

"Luna we have a problem..." A young woman from the pack peeps her head in. 

"What?" She questions.

"Some of the pups are um...fighting and I mean fighting not playing." The young girl bites her lip. 

Stevie blows out a breath of air as she pushes away from her desk. When she stands up she adjusts the white chiffon flowy dress that's modeled around her baby bump to show it off. She's smaller this time around then she was with Ella and she knows now that it's because she's was carrying twins but this pregnancy is slightly more comfortable because she doesn't feel as full. 

When she gets to wear the pups are fighting she can hear it before she sees it as there are growls and yelps coming from them. She shifts into her wolf and she goes to see what's happening and she's shocked to see a little white wolf with her teeth bared pinning a young wolf and going for their throat. She growls and then the wolves stop and jump apart. Stevie shifts into her adult form and she grabs Ella's scruff and the child knowing she's in trouble doesn't fight against her mother. 

"All of you...Shift!" She demands in the link as very quickly nine little wolves turn into humans.

Stevie puts Ella down as she shifts and looks up at her mom with sad puppy dog brown eyes. 

"Do you want to tell me what this is all about?" Stevie places one hand on her hip and the other hand on her baby bump to try and soothe the very active little girl. 

"Momma, Ralph was being mean to Peter." Ella pouts.

"What?" Stevie questions squatting down to her child's level. 

"Luna, I'm... I'm an o-ome...o...omega." Peter, a very young boy with cuts and bruises all over his body scratches at the back of his neck. 

"Oh, honey come here." Stevie sighs as the little boy goes to her arms and she hugs him. 

"Luna what's going on here, why does my son have scratch marks on his neck?" Bradley, a pack wolf that was never fond of having a woman for an Alpha growls grabbing the shoulder of the child that Ella had pinned. 

"It's come to my attention that your son has been bullying this Omega. I DO NOT tolerate that in MY PACK. I need you, your mate and your child in my office in five minutes. AM I CLEAR!?" Stevie uses the Alpha voice causing everyone in the general vicinity to shrink away and cower including her child. 

"What about me momma?" Ella looks down knowing full well she's going to get punished too.

"I don't know." Stevie sighs. 

"You don't know...she attacked my son and you don't know!" Bradley yells.

"I AM WELL AWARE OF WHAT MY CHILD DID. WE WILL DISCUSS IT MORE WHEN WE GET TO MY OFFICE...LINDSEY, I KNOW YOU'RE BEHIND ME TAKE HER AND MEET ME IN MY OFFICE IN FIVE MINUTES...BOTH OF YOU!" She screams as Lindsey quickly bounds around his mate and collects Ella into his arms who starts to whimper at her mother's outburst because she's never heard it before.

***

When Stevie enters her office Bradley, his mate Rebecca and Ralph are sitting in the chairs in front of her desk, Ralph on his father's lap. Ella was sitting in Stevie's chair and Lindsey was leaning up against the window behind Stevie's desk. 

"Luna." Bradley sighs. 

"Bradley." She replies.

"Why are we here?" Rebecca questions.

"Your son was hurting an Omega and in my pack, I will not tolerate that. I will not tolerate that because of the fact that my mate was an Omega. But besides that, it's just human decency to treat people, even Omega's with respect. If Ralph had been an adult he would be put on probation and he would've been given a week's worth of Omega work and if he slipped up again I would banish him. But he's not. He's a child. I can't punish a child that severely. As for Ella. I simply can't punish her. And I can't punish her not because she's my kid or that she's the next Alpha. I can't punish her because despite asserting her dominance, she was doing something that we taught her to do. Now we didn't teach her to attack but we taught her to stand up for what she thinks is right and she knows that you treat everybody and anybody with respect. But rest assured, she should not have lunged at his throat and we will be having a talk with her tonight. Lindsey..." Stevie turns to him.

"Yes, Dear?" Lindsey inquires.

"What jobs do the young Omega's do?" Stevie questions.

"Well, how old is Ralph?" Lindsey crosses his arm.

"He's twelve..." Rebecca tells him.

"Twelve, our four year old pinned a twelve-year-old...wow...anyway, when I was twelve I accompanied my father on the tractor, he taught me how to mow the lawn. And I was painting houses...But I think for young Ralph, we'll have him clean the bathrooms on Every single floor of this packhouse...and he's going to be raking all of the leaves on the Pack territory. I think that'll keep him busy for the next two weeks after school..." Lindsey trails off.

"Fine." Stevie nods.

"You can't make him do that." Bradley squawks.

"But I can...and I will. And if he doesn't show up you all will be facing the consequences is that clear?" Stevie questions her Alpha voice in full effect.

"Yes, Luna." Bradley and Rebecca say at the same time.

"Fine...get out of here," Stevie tells them. 

"Ralph come with me you're going to start today. I'll show you where the rake is and the cleaning products then tomorrow right after school you go to work." Lindsey pushes off the window. 

As he's walking by Stevie she grabs his forearm and he bends down and kisses her. "Happy Birthday, I'm making you round steak for dinner." 

"Alright, I'll be there around six-thirty." He nods.

"Happy Birthday Alpha." Rebecca sighs as her son follows Lindsey out of the office. 

"Luna I..." Rebecca starts again after a moment.

"It's alright. I have to go cook dinner for my family." Stevie sighs standing up her hand caressing her baby bump.