15

"MAKE IT STOP!!!!" She screams as she curls in around herself and pushes. 

"Stevie, he can't make it stop it's up to you." Christine coos she and Lindsey are squeezing her hands and holding her legs as Barbara, Ruth, and the nurses are down working between her legs. 

"I can't do this. I can't do this." She shakes her head. 

"Yes Angel, yes you can. Our daughter's almost here. I can see her head. Come on Angel.." Lindsey stops holding her leg for a moment to run a cool cloth over her sweating head. 

"Push Stevie. On the count of three...1...2...." 

She doesn't make it to three to start pushing. She just gives it her all and a loud cry echoed through the room. 

"It's a girl, November 15th, 1973 2:10 in the morning." Dr. Harris calls as Stevie lets out a gasp and falls back into the pillow. 

"Can I see her? Is she okay?" Stevie asks as Barbara brings over a pink little girl laying in a towel. 

"Here's your daughter Stevie." Barbara places the baby in her arms and Stevie lets go of Christine's hand and runs her finger along the baby's little cheek.

"Hi, Ella," Lindsey whispers kissing her bloody head. 

"Ella that's a pretty name. What's her middle name?" Christine questions. 

"Grace." Stevie smiles. 

"And her wolf?" Christine presses.

"Perrie." Stevie wrinkles her nose. 

"Wait...something's wrong. Ow...what the fuck?" Stevie asks shifting uncomfortably a giant urge to push overwhelming her.

"Stevie, Stevie...Give the baby to Christine." Dr. Harris instructs 

Stevie does and she pushes and just like that, a small mass leaves her body. Lindsey seeing it take place just closes his eyes as one tear falls and he lays his head on her. 

"It's A....it's a boy...November 15th. Time of birth 2:25, time of death...2:26." He sighs. handing the small blue baby to Ruth. 

"What?" Stevie asks.

"Stevie...do you remember in August I believe it was, when you felt that pain. He...He died." Dr. Harris sighs. 

"What?" She questions tears streaming down her face. 

"Steph, when I found out you were pregnant Adams told me that it was twins. But the little boy was not faring well. Lily was the one that didn't want you to know." Lindsey sighs pulling her into his arms. 

"You knew!!! Why didn't you....no, NO...My baby." Stevie wails into Lindsey's chest. 

"I know, I feel horrible I'm so sorry Angel." Lindsey coos his own tears falling. 

"Stevie, do you...do you want to see him?" Ruth questions after she dresses him in the little outfit.

"NO! I don't want to see either of them." She cries.

"Stevie, come on...Hold your son." Ruth walks him over and places the baby on her chest. 

Stevie stares down at the very small very blue baby and she shoves him into Lindsey. 

"Get out of here, All of you. I don't want them." She shakes her head.

"What?" Lindsey asks.

"GO AND TAKE THAT STUPID PUP WITH YOU!" Stevie screams as a cry of almost rejection comes from the little girl. 

"You don't mean that do you?" Lindsey asks.

"To Hell, I don't. Burn that baby." She points to the dead child. 

"Wow...so that's how it's going to be." Lindsey nods his head and stands up. 

She refuses to acknowledge him and he just grabs the suitcase out of the closet while still cradling that sweet baby boy and starts throwing his clothes in it. 

***

Lindsey has to fight against his wolf and Stevie's mate mark when she sobs out most likely into Christine's shoulder. Even though it's slightly chilly out and the baby is only wrapped in a blanket he takes Eli and Ella down to his bedroom in the packhouse and places sweet little Eli into the box wrapped in his blanket wearing his bonnet, mittens, and booties and Lindsey places the lid on top of it. He somehow manages to collect the little coffin and Ella in his arms and he goes to where his father is buried. 

The hole's already been dug so he places the little coffin in the hole but he sits in front of it. He places Ella who's happily sleeping on his lap and he gathers Eli into his arms. 

"Oh buddy I wish I could've gotten to know you better, You two would've had a bond, wouldn't you. I'm so sorry you're never going to get to grow up together. Life's not fair, is it? I love you both so much..." He kisses both of their little heads. He manages to fill the hole while he's holding Ella and as he places the last little bit of dirt over the grave he looks up at the sunrise and he cuddles Ella to his chest.

"Your brother's always going to be with us, baby." He coos to her as she gives a gummy smile in her sleep. 

In his room Ruth, Barbara, and Jess are both sitting on the bed, there's a bag and a cradle with them. 

"She cried herself to sleep. Dr. Harris looked her over, and he said medically she's fine...I really think you should've told her Lindsey." Ruth sighs. 

"I know, I feel like a complete jackass. But you have to admit that she didn't show one bit of interest in these babies until they were born and even then when she found out that I knew she told me to burn Eli. Like he's some stupid Omega. And I don't know maybe he would've been, but that was uncalled for." Lindsey points handing Jess the baby and digging in the bag of baby stuff.

He pulls out a onesie and a sleeper. The sleeper is white with gray elephants on it and the onesie that Lindsey's going to put on under the sleeper is a long sleeve gray onesie with white polka dots on it. He doesn't want her to get overheated but at the same time, the basement of the packhouse isn't very warm period. 

"Well, you may have a point. Lindsey we're going to let you get some sleep but we wanted to get all of this to you and Jess wanted to see the baby. You have formula and bottles. Diapers, clothes, and everything you may need. But if you need anything or any help don't hesitate to call us," Barbara stands up and hugs him as Jess puts the sleeping baby in the little cradle and they leave the new father and the little baby alone.