21

She lurks in the shadows and she watches the events taken place. Lindsey's leading the pack well but at the same time, they're losing members. It was then that she sees Jenine go off towards a corner with a tan man with dark menacing eyes. She follows at a safe distance and then she listens in. She sees Christopher's wolf walk over to her and he gives a warning growl but she silences him with a look. 

"You did good Jenine. Lori and I will be happy together." 

"Gordon, I feel bad though. Alpha Stephanie is really nice and she and Lori get along well." 

"Alpha Stephanie is a fool. You NEVER allow people from other packs to enter. She deserves what's coming to her." 

Stevie takes major offense to that so she shifts and as soon as Christopher sees the wolf's pregnant belly and hears the heartbeat he tries to push her back but she overpowers him and she attacks Jenine, whose still in her human form and she rips her throat out. Stevie feels bad for a millisecond because Jenine didn't have a fighting chance but the woman threatened the safety of Stevie's pack so she did what she as the Alpha had to do. 

But she quickly regrets it when Alpha Gordon pins her to the floor and he gives a menacing smirk when he sees her stomach. He's about to bite into it when Lindsey comes out of nowhere and knocks him out of Stevie's site. Between the two of them they are able to get the Alpha but before they can kill him Gordon throws Lindsey off of him and Lindsey's head hits the tree and then when his ribs hit the floor she can hear a sickening crack and she starts panicking. But when a wolf is in distress they attack. So that's what she did, she didn't rip his throat out but she got a chunk of his chest, and then Gordon scrambles up and he howls for a retreat. 

When she sees that all the wolves are gone she takes a moment and then she listens for her baby's heartbeat and when she hears a strong steady thump she lets out a sigh of relief and makes her way over to Lindsey. 

He whimpers as she goes over and looms over his head and lays her head on his shoulder stroking his stomach. 

"Shift baby. It'll be easier for the doctor to treat you if you shift." She tells him through the link.

He does shift and as soon as he's in human form he reaches a hand up and strokes her cheek before closing her eyes.

"No, Come on Lindsey...Come on Stay with me." She begs.

"Alpha, I've got him, go get the pack." Dr. Harris comes over and tells her.

"I can't leave him." Stevie sniffles.

"He'll be fine. You need to go home and be with your daughter. It's late and she's probably scared shitless." Dr. Harris tells her.

"Dr. Harris promise me you call me with updates every hour on the hour," Stevie tells him.

"I'll call you when I know more." He smirks shooing her away. 

She goes to the bunker and opens the door and goes down there. 

"MOMMA!" Ella screams when she sees her running into her arms.

"It's okay baby, I'm okay." Stevie coos holding her close. 

"Luna what happened." Ruth questions.

"Um...there's been a lot of wounded. I know that some are dead. I don't know who all is dead yet. I'm waiting for Doctor Harris' report. But...Lindsey was...Lindsey's hurt and I don't know how bad it is." Stevie sniffles.

"What happened to him?" Carol Ann questions pushing her way to the front of the pack. She and Don haven't really been present in their lives in the past four years, creating their own life and Carol's roughly five months pregnant. But now, after Carol kept her paws off of Lindsey she and Stevie became really good friends. 

"What happened to Lindsey was that I had found something out and I took action. I attacked the one that initiated everything and ripped her throat out. The Alpha of Bloodmoon didn't like that. He attacked me and Lindsey protected his mate. I don't know the extent of his injuries but I know he's hurt. But it's after eight. The party is not happening at this moment. I think we all need to go home and be with our families...Lori, I need to talk to you." Stevie sighs. 

"Sure, where?" She questions.

"My office," Stevie tells her.

***

When they're sat in Stevie's office, Ella is curled up in her mother's arms sleeping and Stevie's trying to figure out how to sugarcoat everything. 

"Lori, the Bloodmoon Pack attacked us tonight. Your mother spearheaded it." Stevie states.

"My mother what?" Lori questions.

"I'm going, to be honest with you, from day one your mother gave me bad vibes. The only reason that I allowed you guys to come into this pack is that I have some weird connection to you that I haven't figured out yet. I've had your mother on watch since you guys got here and she had been taking a lot of secret phone calls and she's been awful secretive. The informant that I killed was your mother. I am so sorry Lori." Stevie sighs.

"You...what?" Lori questions.

"I'm sorry Lori. I'm allowing you to stay in this pack and you'll probably never forgive me but I had to do it. As the Alpha, it's my duty to protect my pack and she threatened the safety of my pack." Stevie states. 

"But I'm allowed to stay here?" She asks.

"Yes. I'm allowing you to stay here." She tells her. 

"Thank you, thank you so much." She leaps over Stevie's desk and wraps her arms around her neck.

"Oh, well. I didn't think you'd be happy with me...I mean I killed your mother." Stevie states.

"I've been trying to get away from my mother for years. I loved her she was my mother but like she's overbearing and she's a little too much. I was the one that felt threatened by Gordon and I was the one that wanted to leave but she wouldn't let me go alone. I mean, I'm 27 for Christ sakes." Lori explains.

"As I said, I have some weird connection with you." Stevie rubs her back.

"But, um...I think you need to take her home so she can get some sleep." Lori sniffles a little bit motioning to Ella. 

"Good Night Lori." Stevie nods and stands up cradling her smaller than the average four-year-old in her arms. She's smaller for the sheer fact that Stevie's only five foot one and she was missing her brother. She'd always miss her brother. Ella had a sentence for the rest of her life of knowing that she had a brother but he was gone. They had imprinted on each other. 

As soon as she's tucked Ella into her butterfly bedroom and changes into her silk nightgown she paces for a while before the telephone rings. 

"Hello."

"Luna, it's Dr. Harris."