Chapter Thirty-Five

Clove POV:
(A few months later)
Today is the last day of school and all I can think is what a crazy ride this has been. I started dating the love of my life, then found out it was a lie, then got back together, then we broke up once again because of stupid Glimmer. I had sex with Marvel to get back at Cato. I went back to District Two, almost went into the Games, lost my best friend in the entire world, almost died in a car accident, then almost died again by trying to commit suicide.

Speaking of the accident, I'm doing really well, and I will start sports again next year. My senior year.

Cato POV:
My last final is complete. Thank God. I sit in my chair tapping my pencil just anxiously waiting to get out of this hell hole. I have so many fun plans with my friends and Clove this summer. Road tripping, theme parks, water parks, going in the lake. We're gonna have a blast. I'm so glad I can share all this with Clove. I'm so glad to have her. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Clove POV:
"Hey babe." I feel strong arms wrap around my back while I'm unpacking my locker.

"Hey cutie." I turn around and he kisses my nose. Of course my cheeks turn bright red. You'd think I'd get out of that habit already. Oh well. He loves it.

"Ready for tonight?"

"Tonight?"

"End of the year party. Of course!"

"Yeah babe, I'll be there."

"Okay. Well I gotta go turn in this paper. I'll see you tonight!" He kisses me quick then rushes down the hall.

I walk out the door exchanging smiles with some nice sophomores. After driving for a few minutes, I reach my house.

"Hi Clove." I hear a voice. It's my father.

I haven't seen him since I was in the hospital since trying to commit suicide.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Trying to talk to you. Clove, you need to get a good stress reliever instead of harming yourself. I feel bad about the incident. Why don't you try knife throwing again? And maybe just maybe you can go into the next games?"

"Fuck no. I'm going out. I hope to never see you again." I say while walking out.

"Don't talk to me like that," my father says and turns me around. He punches me hard on the cheek. I fall to the ground covering my face with my hand. His ring cut my cheek and the cut is bleeding. "Clove. Fuck, I'm sorry."

"Do me a favor, and never come back here. Mom hates you and I hate you. You have no reason to be here."

"Your mother doesn't hate me, and neither do you."

"Oh yeah, then why did I find the divorce papers on her desk?" Okay, I'm lying but I want to scare him. He takes it pretty harshly. I see a tear roll down his face and he starts to walk out.

"I bought you a knife. It's on the counter if you change your mind."

After walking out, I get up and look at the knife. It's so beautiful. I haven't thrown in so long. I forgot how much I loved it. It looks so good, but it would look even better stabbed in my dad's heart.

----------

I decide not to go to the party. I don't want people asking questions about my face. And I have a headache, I'd rather just stay home and watch Netflix and eat macaroni.

All of a sudden my phone starts buzzing.

Cato: BABE!! Where are you?
Clove: I don't feel good, I'm sorry!!
Cato: No, do you need anything?
Clove: No, I'm ok. Maybe we can hang tomorrow?

After a few minutes, I get no reply. Oh well must be partying hard. I shut my eyes and fall in a deep sleep.

Cato POV:
It's 10 o'clock and Clove still isn't here. I instantly get worried so I text her quick.

Aw, I feel bad. I don't want her to be home sick by herself. I decide she's way more important than a dumb party. I decide to walk over to Clove's house which will take about 15 minutes considering I lost my license.

I knock on her door. No answer. I try to just walk in but it's locked. I walk around to see her window is slightly open. I push it up and slide through. She's sleeping very peacefully. Wow, she's beautiful. I kiss her on the cheek and her eyes flutter open.

"Cato? How'd you get in?" She asks groggily.

"Window was open. You gotta' be more careful little Clover." I wink.

"You're such a dork." She giggles. "I love you."

"I love you too so much." I smile at her.