Chapter Thirty-One

Cato POV:

Well, two months have passed since Clove tried to commit suicide. Of course she has to see a doctor and has to talk to someone every week, but things are getting closer to being back to normal. She's letting me in. She smiles, and it's a real smile. I love making her smile, and I'd do anything just to make her happy. Just adding to her happiness, is that her dad hasn't been home once or hasn't tried to contact her. He's been busy with the games. She tends to stay over at my house so she doesn't have to see him, which isn't a problem with me.

Finally, summer rolls around. What a year it's been. So much has happened with Clove and I. Some bad, some good. But honestly this has been the best year of my life, just because I have Clove. I never knew I could love somebody so much.

"Cato, this movie is dumb." Clove complains.

"You're dumb! This movie is the best." I smirk at her.

"Well I'm not watching it." She turns to me.

"Good, neither am I." I say as I pull her on top of me while kissing her. Our legs are twisted and her arms snake around my back. God, I love her.

Clove POV:

(The next day)

I wake up with Cato by my side. I'm very thankful for him. I wouldn't be here without him. Life is getting better; I got to see Jax. That made me feel so much better. I missed him. He's holding up, but he is lost without Lyla. I understand, it's like me losing Cato. He's back in district two now where he's hopefully living a happy life.

I've been spending a lot of time with Cato. It's just being with him is my favorite thing and if I'm home, there's a chance I might see my father. I used to think my mom was such a genuine lady, but she didn't even help me when I needed help the most. She didn't help me. Her daughter tried to commit suicide for God's sake! Cato was the best supporter I had. His parents are so supportive too in fact they've practically taken me in. I'm so grateful for them.

"Cato, I love you, and I'm thankful for you." I remind him.

"Clover, I love you too." He smiles and kisses me on the forehead.

"Wanna do something fun? We haven't hung out with our friends lately." I ask.

"Yeah, I know they've been really missing you. They were so worried about you too."

"Call them." I smile.

An hour later, the whole gang shows up. God, I've missed them.

"Clove!" Peeta says and hugs me. They all follow his lead and give me big hugs.

"I've missed you guys. I'm sorry I didn't try to talk to any of you, it's just.."

"We understand." Johanna smiles at me.

"Let's do something fun." I say to them, changing the subject.

"Like what?"

"I kinda want to party." I smirk.