Chapter Two

Cato POV:

"Glimmer, I know you hate her but she'd be a good addition. She's smart, a great athlete.."

"No! If one person hates someone, so does the rest of the group. We made that rule the second we made this group." Glimmer interrupts.

I can't hate Clove. Who could someone hate such a nice person? Oh yeah, Glimmer.

"Bro, why do you care so much?" Finnick asks me.

"I don't. I just thought it'd be good. Even Katniss said so." I tell him, trying to act not suspicious.

"I think we should show her who's in charge." Glimmer says with an evil look on her face.

"How?" Peeta asks.

"We're going to humiliate her." Glimmer giggles. "And I know the perfect way."

Clove POV:

Second day here at Panem Private. It's so weird. I miss my friends in District Two and I really was looking forward to participating in the Games. I could have became a victor.

"Clove!" I hear someone call. It's Cato. Oh, Cato. I get butterflies every time I see him. He even asked for my number last night. But he has a girlfriend, and she totally hates me. I don't understand why.

"Hey." I smile at him.

"I broke up with Glimmer. Thanks for the advice." He thanks me. Wow, maybe I have a chance with him. Who am I kidding? I could never have a chance. He's so perfect. His body, hair, and gorgeous eyes.

"Oh, no problem. But it sounds like you would have done it eventually." I tell him. "Thanks again for helping me last night."

"Anytime. I had a good time with you." He smiles.

"Me too." I agree with him.

"Wanna hang out tonight?" He asks abruptly.

"Uh yeah sure. I'm free." Oh my God. I'm hanging out with Cato Hadley. He wants to hang out with me. Shit, I'm acting like such a girl. Get a grip.

"Sweet, do you have practice?" He asks me.

"Yeah after school."

"Me too. I'll meet you behind the bleachers?" He suggests.

"Sounds good. See you then." I tell him and stroll away acting nonchalant. Oh my God! My stomach is full of butterflies. I feel like I can't stop smiling.

After practice, I head down to the bleachers where I told Cato I'd meet him.

I spot him and walk over to him.

"Hey." I greet him.

"Hey Clover. How was practice?" He asks me using his nickname for me again. I feel my checks burst red. I hate blushing. It's so embarrassing.

"Good, how about yours?"

"Great. Ready to go?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Where are we going?"

"Bowling alley?" He asks.

"Alright." I agree.

When we arrive at the bowling alley we walk up to the counter to get the shoes.

"Size 13 please and...?" Cato turns to me asking what size.

"8." I tell the lady behind the counter.

We go to our lane and we both get our balls.

"You first." He winks.

I pick up my ball and...strike! Sweet. I was really hoping I wouldn't embarrass myself.

He goes next and only knocks down four pins.

"A little rusty, huh?" I tease him.

"A little cocky, huh?" He teases back.

"Eh, I think you can be cocky when you're good."

"Oh really?" He smiles taking a step towards me.

"Really." I smile, taking a step. One more step and we'd be touching.

I see his eyes drift to behind me. I start to turn to see what he's looking at. Before I can see he grabs my head and crashes his lips to mine. His lips are warm and rough. He starts to move his lips along mine. We move in sync before we pull back for air.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." He apologizes, blushing a bit.

"No, it's fine." I smile at him. I'm almost positive my face is just as red.

"You're turn." He winks and hands me my ball.