Chapter Eight

Katniss POV:

"Peeta, stop. I'm not coming back to your little clique. You, Johanna, Finnick, and Glimmer have just gotten too mean. Clove is the nicest girl ever, and what we did was awful. She's my best friend now." I tell Peeta who has been nagging me about coming back. Obviously I've been having more fun with Cato and Clove. Yeah, it's a bit awkward sometimes but it's chill.

"C'mon. I don't know about Glimmer, but we all feel bad. We didn't realize it was so mean. You're right though, Glimmer is a bitch. She told me if I didn't get you back she'd tell the whole school I had STD's." Peeta confesses. Ugh, I hate Glimmer.

"What if we got you, Finnick, and Johanna to join us? We could get her back once and for all."

I smile, knowing that Peeta's idea is pure genius.

Clove POV:

Knock, knock, knock

I hear pounding coming from my front door. I slowly get out of bed and trudge to the door. I am shocked about who is there.

"Um..hi." I greet them.

"Clove, we're so sorry."

Finnick, Peeta, and Johanna are all standing on my front porch.

"Um.." I say shocked.

"We feel so bad, honestly. And we have a plan to get Glimmer back." Johanna says, smirking.

"I'm listening." I say while letting the in.

Cato POV:

"Okay, so that's how we're going to get Glimmer back?" I ask Katniss through the phone.

"Yep. I really think it'll work."

"Yeah, me too." I agree. Is it too mean? Yeah probably but I guess she deserves it. "Have you talked to Clove?"

"Yeah, well personally no. Finnick, Peeta, and Johanna are over at her house now convincing her. Do you think she'll freak on them?" Katniss asks me.

"Nah, she was really only mad at Glimmer and I."

"Okay, that's good. I just can't wait to see her face when she finds out we've all been playing her. Especially Clove. I'm so glad that I'm friends with her, and you're so lucky to have her. You know that right?"

"I'm more than lucky. She's the most perfect person I've ever met-"

"Besides me of course." Katniss interrupts and giggles.

"Yes besides you." I joke back. "But you don't need to tell me, I know. I love her so much, honestly."

"Aw, Cato. She turned you soft." She teases. Is that true? I would never tell my feelings to anyone before this and I just spilled everything to Katniss. Maybe I need to just hit the gym.

"Whatever. Should we go over to Clove's? Pick you up in ten." I say before hanging up.

I quickly walk to my room and change into a pair of jeans and a white v-neck.

I then jump in my car and go to pick up Katniss. It's really nice because all of us live so close. The only bad thing is that Glimmer lives right across the street. Ugh.

When I arrive at Katniss' I honk my horn to inform her I'm here. She comes out and hops into my car.

"I'm kind of nervous." She tells me. "Like what if nothing works out?"

"Then we're epic failures and Glimmer will make our lives living hell." I tell her, trying to suppress a smile.

"Way to look on the bright side, Cato." She says sarcastically while hitting me on the arm.

When we pull up to Clove's we both get out of the car and knock at the door.

She opens it with a blank expression.

"Hey Clove." I smile at her. "Did you hear the plan?"

"Yeah. They told me." She says.

"Well are you in?"

"Um.."

A/N: sorry for the another short chapter but I'm pretty sure the next one will be a decent size. if you have any suggestions on this, make sure you let me know because a lot of times I get stuck lol. Well thanks for the reads/votes/comments. Like I said, I appreciate it so much. Love you!