Chapter Thirty-Seven

Peeta POV:

"Hello?" I answer an incoming call from Cato.

"Man we gotta' do something fun. It's the first day of summer."

"I agree, but what do you want to do. Katniss and I were just saying how a road trip and some camping would be a lot of fun. Right by the beach?" I suggest. Katniss smiles at me.

"That sounds perfect." Cato says. I can tell that he is smiling too.

"Meet over here in an hour. And tell Finnick and Johanna too. I have one tent. Each couple just bring their own and bring your necessities. I'll see you soon."

"Okay sounds good. Bye."

"So that's a yes?" Katniss smiles at me. She is so cute and when she smiles at me I just want to kiss her. So I follow my instinct and go right in. She presses her lips hard against mine and our lips move together.

"Of course." I smile when we pull away.

Knock, Knock.

An hour later, Finnick and Johanna show up with a few bags packed.

"Hello everybody." They say as they invite themselves in and plop down on the couch.

"Where is Clato?" Finnick asks, referring to Cato and Clove.

"No idea. They should be on their way."

"I'm so excited for this. We're going to have so much fun, and it is supposed to be super warm so I am definitely swimming today and tomorrow." Johanna states, mostly talking to Katniss.

"Did anyone bring snacks?" I ask everyone. Everyone shakes their heads no so we should probably stop at a gas station on the way there.

"Hey guys." Cato says as he just walks in my front door with Clove close behind him.

Everyone mumbles hi's and hello's back.

"Who's ready to party?" Clove says as she jumps across the girls' laps.

"I'm pumped." Katniss says back.

"Okay, well we better get going. I'll lead and we'll stop at a gas station somewhere along the way to get food and drinks." I interrupt.

"Sounds good." Cato says. We all get up and walk out the door to our vehicles.

"How long is this drive?" Katniss asks me after getting into my truck.

"About one hour. Just sleep, it'll make time go by faster." I smile at her.

"Okay babe." She smiles and lays her head on the window and shuts her eyes.

She falls asleep instantly, and I regret letting her go to bed instantly. Now I'm going to be bored for an entire hour.

After a long forty minutes, I find a gas station that doesn't look too sketchy. I start rubbing Katniss' leg in attempt to wake her up. No luck. It's time to bring out the big guns. I put my hands to her sides and tickle her as hard as I can. She wakes up instantly and is shocked and mildly confused.

"Time to get food." I smile sarcastically at her.

"I hate you." She glares at me and storms out of the truck and into the gas station. There, we pick out chips, candy, pop, and waters. We all pay then get back in the car for twenty more minutes. Twenty more minutes till paradise.