xxv. six am meeting in aliya's bedroom, don't be late!

chapter twenty five ━ adrift and at peace season seven, episode ten

chapter twenty five adrift and at peace
season seven, episode ten

❝ i don't care about
stupid gallbladders!

"He's written these all wrong!" Aliya huffed, Derek's Alzheimer's trial outline led across her duvet, creating a sea of papers around her. She held one paper in each hand, raising them up in front of her as if that would change the fact she thought they sucked.

Jackson was sprawled under the sheets behind her, his hand tracing circles along her back as she rustled the papers in her hands with frustration, making heavy sighs every couple seconds. "It's just a draft, I'm sure—"

"Oh, this all has to go." She began to aggressively cross out sections of text in red ballpoint pen, wildly scribbling notes in the margins in her loopy handwriting, making her alterations incredibly illegible.

"Be careful, you might sprain your wrist." Jackson said, sarcastically, his hand rubbing at his eyes as Aliya whipped her head back to him, shooting him a look. "You're cute when you're frustrated." He yawned into his palm, dropping his head back onto the throw pillows behind him.

Aliya chewed her lip, leaning closer to him. "You know—"

However, whatever Aliya was going to say to him disappeared from her thoughts instantaneously as the pair were quickly interrupted by Alex, bursting through the door with as much force as a stampede.

"You're with him!" He exclaimed with widened and downright horrified eyes.

"Alex!" Leaping up and squashing multiple pieces of paper in the process, Aliya's hands left Jackson's chest as her pen flew from her hand, hitting the wall across from the bed.

"No freaking way!" Alex jaw dropped. "This can't be real!" Burying his head in his hands in disgust, Alex made an inhumane sound that was muffled by his palms pressing into his face. As this was happening, Aliya had bolted upright in her bed, her breathing heavy and a hand clutching her chest from the unwanted shock at eight in the morning.

The pair had successfully hidden their relationship for weeks, and it has been three weeks since they started Jackson became her boyfriend, and in an effort to stay in the honeymoon phase, they decided to keep it a secret.

But, the thing about secrets were, that they always found a way to come out.

A door from across the hall clicked open. "What's with all the commotion— Oh! I knew it! Ha!" Meredith clapped her hands in victory as she entered the room, beaming as she turned her head, ready to yell in the general direction of the attic doors. "Lexie! Lexie! You owe me twenty! Pay up!"