i. when jackson met aliya

chapter one ━ invasionseason six, episode five

chapter one invasion
season six, episode five

❝ this must be some sort of
sick, cruel joke!

"It looks like orange threw up in here." Alex announced, bitterly as he leaned over the bars, grimacing down at the overly crowded hospital reception below. The five residents — Izzie, Cristina, Lexie, Alex and Aliya —watched collectively as bright orange Mercy West scrubs slowly started to weave in and out of the light and dark blue Seattle Grace ones, infesting each and every corner of the hospital possible.

But, Aliya guessed that's how infections worked, sneaking up on you when you least expected it.

The thing about infections was that they were unwanted. Nobody wanted strep throat, or bacterial meningitis. It's not something you willingly sign yourself up for.

The orange-clad infectors in question must know that they were unwanted in this hospital by now. Just using one iota of critical thinking would allow them to decipher that specific fact, even if it was only their first day. The could gather their evidence from the way everybody looked as if they were an abomination to the art of medicine.

Which they were. They were all single handedly taking an axe to the surgeons of Seattle Grace's careers, and that was enough to declare war.

Though, Aliya was really trying to be optimistic about this whole situation.

"I mean, really? Orange scrubs?" Lexie replied with a scoff, crossing her arms in a huff, annoyed at this whole ordeal. "You can't get any worse than that."

"Anyone who says orange is the new black needs a consult." Cristina insisted, running a hand through her hair as she too leaned over the rails to stare down at the parasites — a nickname coined for them long before they even arrived, shortly after they were informed of the merger.

"I heard the nurses had to wear purple." Aliya added to the slanderous conversation, resting her elbows on the bars, as there was nothing these invaders could do to change the groups already made up mind that they were no good. "I mean, orange and purple? Are they running a hospital or a Halloween store?"

Usually, the residents of Seattle Grace would not be so hyper fixated on outfit choices but, when these so called doctors were waltzing around their stomping ground, all morals (and integrity) appeared to go out the window, and everything they did was astronomically irritating.

They had only been here for thirty eight minutes and they were already hospital-wide villains. They dropped a piece of paper? Incompetent. They smiled too hard? Big-headed. The list of insults they had cultivated for the Mercy Westers went on.