xxviii. tick, tick, tick, boom!

chapter twenty eight ━ start me upseason seven, episode twelve

chapter twenty eight start me up
season seven, episode twelve

❝ where can i find this so
called self destruct button?

"So, you've ended your relationship with Dr. Avery?" Keanne Kelly questioned, her notepad had returned to her hand, and her glasses were perched on her nose like a librarian.

"Yes." Aliya confirmed with a nod. Every time she was with Dr. Kelly, she hand on heart felt like a criminal, or she was being interviewed for a highly classified job in the FBI.

It wasn't the fact Aliya hated her therapy techniques with a burning and unexplainable passion, she actually found her therapist quite amusing, and a little judgemental.

"And, you're not sad." Kelly glanced over at her, eyeing her up and down from over the top of her gold frames. "You're not mourning?"

Was she mourning her one and a half month long relationship? Plus one whole year of pining. She shoved her intruding thoughts back down. "No. I'm completely fine."

"Hm." Kelly looked very unconvinced and highly concerned.

"What's 'hm'?" Aliya hunched forward in her seat, trying to peer over to see what Kelly was scribbling in the notebook, what was wrong with her answer?

She had thought she spoke very calmly, barely showing any out of touch emotion. Ah, maybe that was the issue, maybe Kelly wanted her to cry dramatically, and sob with a dozen tissues in her hand.

Well, Keanne Kelly would be waiting a real fucking long time before that.

"Why did you 'hm'? What are you writing? Is there gonna be a test? If there is, can you at least give me a day or two's notice, the Eiffel Tower wasn't built overnight."

"There isn't going to be a test." Kelly replied with pursed lips, clicking her pen off and placing it on top of her book, glaring at Aliya pointedly. "You've hit your self destruct button."

"My self destruct button?" Aliya repeated, slowly and totally confused, her nose scrunching up. "I have not hit my self destruct button."

Kelly clicked her tongue, unscrewing the cap of her water bottle with a sigh. "Are you not even going to let yourself wallow?"

Raising her eyebrows, Aliya squirmed in her chair, frowning at Kelly's interrogation.