x. heart-shaped chocolates make me sick

chapter ten ━ valentine's day massacreseason six, episode fourteen

chapter ten valentine's day massacre
season six, episode fourteen

❝ what would the fun be if i told
you everything straight away?

Aliya jolted awake — having a throw pillow hurtled at your face in the early hours of the morning seemed to have that sort of effect.

Rubbing her face with her hand, she blinked at the outline of a person stood in her doorway, more like the person she was going to add to her hit list.

"Shove over." Alex nudged her shoulder, causing the half asleep woman to roll over across her bed to make room, landing face down into her pillow that muffled her frustrated groan. She felt the weight of the bed shift as Alex led on his back beside her, hands rested on his chest.

"What time is it?" Aliya mumbled, barely audible as she spoke directly into the pillow, not bothering to move even though she was struggling to actually breathe.

"Four thirty." Alex replied in a casual manner, his eyes fixated on the ceiling.

Aliya shuffled in the bed, jolting up right.

"Four thirty? In the morning? Are you kidding me?" Aliya placed a palm on her head, stifling a tired yawn. "Too early to function without coffee. Too early to function without coffee."

She grabbed the pillow and shoved it on top of her head with a disgruntled groan.

"In the afternoon, Aliya." Alex corrected his friend after seeing the look on her face. "We worked the night shift last night. You remember that, right?"

The brunette made a face, peeking out from behind the pillow. "Days and nights just kind of mush together."

"You wanna go in early?" Alex looked down at the lump in the duvet which was Aliya, frowning.

Today was a day that Alex and Aliya shared a mutual hatred, of as of lately. It was the day they had ultimately been dreading, because nothing was worse than being surrounded by happy couples when your own love life was a glorified train wreck.

The day was more formally knows as Valentine's Day, and the two friends purposefully chose the night shift for the previous day, so at least they could skip half of the day by sleeping through it.

They could list all the cliché reasons as to why they hated the day, but they would be there for hours. The main reason though was at the end of the day, love sucked a great deal of the time.

After a few seconds, Aliya forced herself out of the bed, practically falling onto the floor as she rolled out. She stumbled to the door, pushing her hair out of her face as she made her way into the bathroom.