xxxix. you don't get to tell me about sad

chapter thirty nine ━ free falling & she's goneseason eight, episode one & two

chapter thirty nine free falling & she's gone
season eight, episode one & two

i'm standing
my ground!

It had been nearly a week since everyone had found out about Meredith sabotaging the clinical trial, and nearly a week since the very public argument Aliya had with her mother in the middle of the hospital foyer.

(Which already had managed its way into a news particular, headlined Famous Doctor, Molly Levine, Caught In A Heated Argument With Her Youngest Daughter, Aliya Levine — as you can tell, it was a very low budget paper, seeing as the headline wasn't very short and snappy.)

And, to top it all off, it just so happened to be the resident's first day of their fifth year.

"Aliya," Jackson squirmed in the bed, pursing his lips. "We really need to move out." He pointed out as the pair stared up at the ceiling of Aliya's bedroom, out of breath and covering themselves with the duvet.

The Levine woman blinked. "No—"

"Because," Jackson pushed himself up in the bed, moving to lean over her, so that he could at least look her in the eye. "I have a very long, extensive list of reasons as to why we should probably get our own place."

"—I'm standing my ground." The brunette said with a level of determination people would be jealous of, though the sound of a baby crying caused the woman to squint, painfully.

Jackson laughed, though it wasn't at the fact it was funny it was more of a laugh because he knew exactly what she was going to answer that question with. "You've said that fifteen times this week."

"And, I'm sticking to it." She informed him, resigning herself to a life of listening to a baby from a broken home cry her lungs out at six thirty in the morning. "We pay rent, it's our house as much as hers. She can't drive me out."

"Yes, but—"

"We're standing our ground."

Jackson didn't seem particularly impressed about that. "You know what you've also said fifteen times this week?"

Aliya shrugged her shoulders, running her fingertips up his arms. "What?"

"That you can't have sex when a baby is crying."

It wasn't her fault, she really couldn't have sex with him when Zola, Alex's replacement, was screaming in the other room where Meredith and Cristina were looking after her.