xxiv. social suicide

chapter twenty four ━ slow night, so longseason seven, episode nine

chapter twenty four slow night, so long
season seven, episode nine

❝ i'm a bitch when the weather
is above 90 degrees. ❞

Humans are made up of a thousand different qualities.

Thousands.

From the moment you are born, so many things can be scribbled and brainstormed under a persons name.

In that case, Aliya Levine was many things.

There were things that would be listed on documents — saying she was a daughter, a sister, an auntie, a doctor— or maybe the fact she broke her leg when she was eight years old when she fell during soccer practice, or that she drove a red Mini Cooper, or that she was incredibly artistic and was responsible for a great deal of the art work that hung in the hospital and in random hospital staffs homes.

However, there were other traits about her that wouldn't be noted on any actual legal documents.

Except maybe a character witness statement if her and Alex went through with the crimes they were talking about.

Grand theft auto sounded quite fun to them.

The lesson here was, people are made up of so many different attributes.

For example, one thing to note about Aliya was that she was a people pleaser.

Example, if someone made her a meal that contained carrots, she would probably eat it, even though she was allergic — she wouldn't recommend doing that. Or maybe that was determination to not be allergic to carrots, or she just simply had a death wish. But, the most realistic reasoning behind that statement was that Aliya Levine was a people pleaser.

Which led Aliya to be in her current situation (that she did not necessarily want to be in).

"It's great to have you back, Aliya." Keanne Kelly, her recently re-hired therapist, sat across from her, dressed in a dark navy dress with long sleeves. Something absent from her today however was the lack of paper and pens that she usually had in her possession. Her hair was tied up in a bun, making her facial features sharp.

"It's great to be back." Aliya answered, almost too convincingly as she familiarised herself with her surroundings.

(She definitely did not feel great to be back.)