Extra #2 ⭐️

[A/N - This is an extra on Finn & Jade, set after chapter 41. This isn't their full story, just the marking]

WARNING: extreme hetero content ahead. Proceed at your own risk

~~~

*Jade's POV*

As I stand before the group of chattering wolves, I have to breathe deeply to keep myself from banging my head against the wall.

After my father died, leaving the pack to me as his only child, the wolves have been... divided. It all started with one wolf feeling brave enough to step up and voice his distaste of a female being Alpha. From there, it snowballed. Wolves started popping up, agreeing that it 'goes against nature' for a woman to lead.

I do have many supporters, but the opposition is always louder. When my Beta suggested I take a break from the pack to think about if I still wanted to be their leader, I was hesitant at first. If I left while things were unstable, would that make me a bad Alpha? Still... my Beta was right. I was having panic attacks every other night, and was slowly starting to break down.

That's why I decided to take my band on a small country tour. Music has always been a great stress reliever of mine, and my cousin has a few connections to different bars.

Taking a break turned out to be the best decision for me. I was able to remind myself about what makes me happy in life. My days no longer revolved around stressing about a pack who doesn't want me for not having a dick.

And... I was able to meet Finn.

Granted, I was not expecting to meet my mate while I was on tour, and especially someone younger than me, but Finn is... surprising.

I had been worried about bringing home a male mate. If those sexist pigs in my pack saw Finn, I was afraid they would want him to be Alpha instead of me.

But when I explained that to Finn, he immediately said he would refuse to be Alpha. He told me that it was my pack, and he had no intentions of being anything other than my Luna.

A female Alpha and a male Luna... we'll probably go down in history as the oddest pack leaders.

When I first met Finn, I was pretty reluctant to let him in. He's younger than me, goofy, loud... but I started to see that those things aren't necessarily bad. When I'm feeling down or stressed out, he's always able to cheer me up with his silly antics and goofy smile. He's sweet and gentle, and has never once asked me to be something I'm not. He doesn't mind my tattoos or colored hair, or the fact that I'm in a band. I'm not a typically Alpha, but he still supports me no matter what.

He chased me around the entire country while I was on tour. I had given him my phone number and told him he could just call me, but he insisted on supporting me all at my gigs.

Despite my initial reservations, I'm really glad Finn came into my life. There's a sweetness to him that reminds me of my dad, and it makes me want to hold him tight and never let go.

Which is why, after several months of dating, we're completing the mating process. Tonight.

But that can only happen if I survive this fucking meeting. After I returned home, the elders who opposed me started claiming that I'm not fit to lead since I had to take time away from the pack.