-19- 🌓 This Moment

[A/N - Play the song for extreme fluffiness]

"If you knew how much this moment means to me. And how long I've waited for your touch."
~Chantal Kreviazuk, 'Feels Like Home'

~~~

*Theo's POV*

Is it possible to die from happiness?

Because if so, I'm in serious danger.

My cheeks ache from the wide smile I have as I look down at my beautiful mate. Kit is curled into my side, breathing peacefully while he sleeps. His dark hair is flopped messily across his forehead, and his plump pink lips are pouty and slightly swollen from last night's activities. My gaze follows the trail of little love bites down his neck and his chest, leading to the beautiful fresh mark placed perfectly on his shoulder.

Pride swells in me from seeing my mark on Kit's skin. I loved Kit long before last night, but holy shit. Completing the mating process strengthened our mate bond, and greatly intensified my feelings for Kit. It should be illegal to love someone this much. My heart feels like it could explode at any second from the amount of love and adoration pumping through me with each heartbeat; a heartbeat that is perfectly in sync with the one thumping in Kit's chest.

The mark, although initially just puncture wounds from my canines, has transformed into the most stunning work of art. A crescent moon lays on his skin like a tattoo; the dark ink-like mark sitting perfectly in between the small scars of my fangs.

I press a tender kiss to the mark on his shoulder, making Kit squirm in his sleep. I chuckle softly at the stirring boy, looking so adorable with his nose scrunched up in a pout. The soft touch made my own mark tingle. Curiously, I press another kiss to his mark, this time pulling an annoyed groan from Kit.

"No more," Kit groans into the pillow. "God, no more. I can't go anymore today. Let me sleep, you animal."

I laugh at that, wrapping my arms around his waist and snuggling him closer to me. He doesn't object; rather, he sinks into my embrace. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to go for a tenth round," I reassure him with a chuckle. "But can you blame me for wanting to admire my beautiful mark on my equally beautiful mate?"

Kit's eyes snap open at that. He quickly rolls out of bed, nearly hitting the floor from how weak his legs are. I follow behind him protectively as he stumbles into the bathroom. Standing in front of the large bathroom mirror, Kit cranes his neck to the side and examines the mark. The expression on his face is unreadable, and I feel myself start to panic.

Does he regret mating with me? Is he going to reject me? Was last night all one big mistake to him? Is he going to l—

"Holy shit, you were right," Kit breathes out. "It is beautiful."

A wave of relief and joy crashes over me, and I wrap my arms around his waist, pulling him into a tight embrace. I lift him off the ground and spin him around, making him squeal as I chuckle gleefully. Setting him back down, I don't release him even as his bare feet hit the tile floor. I stand behind him, keeping my arms wrapped around his waist as we look at our marks in the reflection.

"They match," Kit points out with a grin. Now that I'm looking at it, our crescent moons are the complements of each other; Kit's waxing and mine waning. Which makes perfect sense to me, because Kit brings so much light into my life.

We smile at each other, and I lean in to press a soft kiss against his lips. He hums into the kiss, then nudges me with his shoulder.

"Brush your teeth," he grumbles, separating himself from me. I laugh with a nod, and we proceed with getting ready for the day. We take separate showers, because even though I wanted nothing more than to run my hands over his wet, soapy body, Kit was still sore from last night's activities. And I know I wouldn't have been able to stop myself with his soft skin pressed against mine.