-36- 🌓 Tell You Now

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around."
~Ben Platt, 'In Case You Don't Live Forever'

~~~

*Theo's POV*

"I don't think is a good idea," Benji says timidly. The dark shadows covering his face can't conceal how nervous he is about this whole thing.

"It'll be fine," Finn waves him off. "There hasn't been an attack in three weeks. And I'm sick of being cooped up."

"Still... aren't we going to get in trouble?"

Jayden snorts. "Who's gonna get us in trouble? We have our future Alphas with us."

"Yeah, if anyone is gonna get yelled at, it's those two," Caleb adds with a grin.

I roll my eyes. "One hour. We're only leaving the pack for one hour and coming right back. We don't know what Axel is planning, and it would be dangerous to stay out longer than that."

"I still don't like this," Benji whispers, chewing his bottom lip nervously. Rafael wraps his arms around the smaller boy and pulls him close.

"It'll be fine, kitten," Rafael says reassuringly. "I'll be by your side the whole time. Trust me."

Benji looks up at Rafael's smiling face, unable to argue upon seeing how happy his mate looks. Benji's shoulders relax as he caves with a nod.

After bribing the guards with a generous amount of cash, we're able to quietly sneak off of pack grounds. Kit and I take the lead, hand in hand, with Oliver and Noah close behind. Benji sticks like glue to Rafael's side, but the older boy doesn't seem to mind one bit as he just snuggles his mate closer. Caleb, Jayden, and Finn can't seem to stop giggling with excitement, earning a few warning glares from Kit to quiet down.

We choose to walk, knowing it would be easier to sneak around in the darkness without a car. After three weeks of being forbidden to leave the pack, we were all pretty much losing our minds. All of us are fairly social, so being trapped in the confines of the pack has proven to be a struggle. The three stooges — that is, Caleb, Jayden, and Finn — begged for me to help them sneak out for a night. I reluctantly agreed, only because Kit wanted a night out too. Of course, the others ended up hearing about it, leading to our large group heading out together.

It takes us a while to walk to the nearest town. Once the streetlights are in view, Benji visibly relaxes. It's late, around ten o'clock at night, so the darkness has undoubtedly added to the edge he has been feeling.

"TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOWLING!" Caleb screams as he points to the sign, earning multiple smacks from Kit and Finn.

"Really?" I groan, and Caleb nods excitedly. "We only get one hour, and you want to spend it bowling?"

"Please! Please, please, please~" Caleb begs, holding my arm and attempting to act adorable. I wrinkle my nose and pull away from his grasp.

"That may work on your mate, but I only find Kit adorable," I counter, making Caleb pout. "Why don't we pick something everyone wants to do?"

"I wouldn't mind bowling," Jayden mumbles. Caleb beams happily and kisses Jayden on the cheek.

"I've actually never been bowling," Benji pipes in. Rafael looks at him in surprise.

"You've never been bowling?" He questions incredulously. Benji shakes his head. "That's it, I vote for bowling too!"

"What about you two?" I ask Noah and Oliver. The blonde looks at Noah patiently.