-14- 🌓 Say The Word

"I'm a sucker for you. You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly."
~Jonas Brothers, 'Sucker'

~~~

*Finn's POV*

"Ava! Please, can I have another drink? Please, please, please, please?" I call out.

"Are you going to pay for this one?" Ava asks with a raised eyebrow. "I'm allowing you to drink here because I know you're having a hard time. Not to drink all my liquor without paying."

"Awww, come on, Ava!" I whine. "Just one more? One?"

Ava sighs and grabs another bottle of beer. I cheer as she hands me the drink, and I immediately start chugging it down.

"You're drinking more than usual today," Ava points out. "I know you've been struggling to find your mate, but did something else happen?"

"Ava, it's so unfair!" I cry drunkenly. "Kit is spending more time with Theo, Rafael is spending all his free time with his human, and Caleb and Jayden are too busy fucking like rabbits to hang out with me! No one has time for me anymore!"

Ava tsks and shakes her head. "You should be happy for your friends. They all found their mates. Just because you haven't found yours doesn't mean they should be unhappy."

I sit back in my seat and pout. "I never said I want them to be unhappy," I mumble. "I just don't like being left out."

"Look," Ava leans over the bar counter and locks eyes with me. "Take tonight to get drunk and complain about how much it sucks to not know who your mate is. But tomorrow, start getting your shit together. When you do find your mate, you don't want to be like this. No one wants a mate who is drunk and whines all the time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to introduce the next band."

I slump in my seat, taking another sip of my beer. Ava's right. I shouldn't be complaining about my friends finding their mates. It's not their fault the Moon is cruel and is hiding my mate from me.

"Alright, everyone!" Ava shouts in the microphone. "Our next band has been traveling around the country, and they agreed to play for us tonight! Please give a warm welcome to Pink Failure!"

Pink Failure? That's a stupid name. The crowd in the bar is cheering like crazy, but I don't understand why. It's just some girl group with a—

Holy shit.

A girl stands behind the microphone, with a guitar swung across her body. She's wearing ripped fish net tights and black shorts, paired with a black crop top. She has a few tattoos littering her arms, and her light pink hair falls to the middle of her back. Her dark almond shaped eyes scan the audience until they land on me, and my inner wolf cries out excitedly.

'Mate.'

The girl on stage merely blinks before shaking her head. She counts off and the group begins to play. I'm in awe their entire set. The sound of her voice is angelic, despite her rocker attire. The way her body sways to the music as she plays her guitar puts me in a trance. It's like a real life angel came down and is standing on that stage. Even more miraculous, she's my goddamn mate!

I found my mate!!

All too quickly, their set is over and the girls are leaving the stage. I hop up from my seat, only to stumble a bit from the drinks. Shaking my head, I quickly stride over to where my mate is. Her head turns and she locks eyes with me, and I smile brightly.

"Hey, I'm—"

"Come with me," she cuts me off, grabbing my arm and pulling me along. She leads us outside the bar to a secluded alley way. Once we're along, she let's go of my arm and faces me.