-25- 🌓 To Be Brave

^ Picture of Benji being the softest kitten

[A/N - Wait to play the song until it says to in the story]

"How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow."
~Christina Perri, 'Thousand Years'

~~~

*Benji's POV*

I can't believe Rafael really set up an outdoor theater just for me. How did I get lucky enough to be with someone as sweet as him? Not to mention, incredibly attractive.... it's hard to keep my eyes off of him.

Rafael leans back into the pillows after starting the movie. I lay down next to him and shyly rest my head on his chest. He hums and wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer as we snuggle together on the blanket.

Even though my favorite movie is currently playing, it's not nearly as captivating as the man next to me. The light from the projector adds illumination to his creamy skin and white-blonde hair. A small smile plays on his lips the entire time, and I can't help but feel proud that he smiles a lot around me.

As I not-so-subtly gawk at my boyfriend, the urge to kiss him rises up. We've shared a few kisses here and there, but nothing major. Not that I'm ungrateful for what he's been able to give me, especially since I know he was wanting to hold back until I turned 18, but I can't help wanting more.

Scooting closer, I nudge Rafael's cheek with my nose. A breathy chuckle escapes him as he turns his head, nuzzling my nose in return.

"Raf?" I start meekly.

"Hm?"

"C-Can I kiss you?"

Rafael's cheeks turn pink as he stares at me with wide eyes. I'm almost afraid he's going to say no before he finally breathes out, "You are the cutest thing alive, and you're going to be the death of me."

His hand cups my cheek, warming me up as he dips his head towards me. Our lips connect, and I could've sworn I heard him release a sound that resembles a purr.

Our lips move together slowly, taking our time to fully taste one another in a way we haven't gotten to before. His lips are firm yet soft as they dance with mine, and I grip onto his shirt to pull myself closer.

Rafael nibbles on my bottom lip, making me gasp from the sudden jolt of pleasure that shoots through my body. He takes the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, groaning lowly.

He keeps his movements slow, yet it's still enough to have me squirming for more. I rub my tongue against his, feeling giddy from the moans he releases whenever I do something he enjoys.

We kiss for what feels like hours, although I know that's impossible because the movie is still playing. When we end up breaking apart for air, I smile at him before snuggling back into his side.

Rafael's fingertips drift up and down my back, spreading goosebumps over my skin despite the layer of clothing between us. He must've misread my shiver, thinking I was cold, because he pulls me closer to him and throws the extra blanket over our bodies. Not that I'm complaining, though.